Company Description: Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:Intelligent – we make the right choicesInvolved – our enthusiasm creates energyInnovative – we always ask what’s nextOur business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobileOur software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.Our storyAcross the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
Job Description: This role is to act as a Project Manager within Local Government and Social Housing at Northgate Public Services. Projects can involve systems implementation and consultancy covering Housing, Customer Relationship Management, Public Protection, Revenues and Benefits, Document Management or specific projects for central government (Blue Badge, HGV Charging for example). In addition to UK based projects Northgate Public Services also has several international projects in Housing management based in Australia and Canada. Projects can be very large and require the services of a dedicated project manager but also range down to much smaller engagements which would also be allocated to a project manager, in each case acting in a supplier delivery role. Pre-contract the Project Manager supports pre-sales activity including: providing ITT responses; presenting Northgate’s implementation approach; supporting the sales discussions with the client and producing relevant project documentation. The Project Manager’s key role here is to ensure that the commercial proposal is sound based on our previous experiences and available knowledge.Following contract award, the Project Manager will lead a team of implementation consultants and product specialists to deliver the required project outcomes, run as a program of work, an isolated project or as one of a series of smaller engagements. The Project Manager will work with the client and the implementation team to plan the project and set up the project organisation according to Prince2 principles. The Project Manager will control and monitor project progress and billing, acting as the main point of contact with the client until the project is successfully completed.In addition to being customer facing and business focused, the role has a significant commercial aspect, and the Project Manager will be responsible for forecasting and securing the revenue from successful achievement of project milestones as well as accurate forecasting of billings.The role may also involve co-ordinating activity across a range of customers who may also have other projects in progress, including reporting to and updating key internal stakeholders as to overall progress against performance targets.Key Tasks & Responsibilities* Take charge of the commercial realities of the project ensuring client satisfaction and the realisation of revenue and billing objectives
* Ensure that changes to project scope are properly understood and managed according to formal change control procedures
* Be highly visible to the client and third parties, including making a significant contribution to project board meetings
* Manage multiple projects successfully across a range of customers
* Engage both internal and external suppliers to enable smooth and timely delivery
* Accurately forecast and report project revenues and invoicing
* Take an active role in bid situations
* Manage projects using a structured Prince2 based methodology, maintaining detailed and accurate project documentation
Qualifications: Essential* Significant experience in managing complex Projects
* Housing and/or Local Government experience or appreciation from a supplier perspective
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
* Strong influencing skills
* Ability to lead and motivate internal project teams, clients and third parties
* Ability to work in a commercially astute way, making considered decisions based on an understanding of the facts and commercial perspective
* Tenacity, and the ability to drive through projects and overcome issues and barriers which may arise
* Experience of Prince 2 or other structured project methodology
* Able and willing to travel throughout the UK and overseas.
Desirable* Prince 2 qualified
Additional Information: Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:* Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
* 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
* 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
* A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
* A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
* The role offers a competitive salary.
OTHER INFORMATION* Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
* All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
* Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.