We have an exciting opportunity for an F Grade Senior Theatre Practitioner (Scrub) to join our Theatres team, based at The London Clinic main hospital site located in Central London, W1G 6BW (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Specialist areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
As a Senior Theatre Practitioner you will support and assist sisters/charge nurses and coordinators in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Job Type: This is a full-time permanent position working 37.5 hours per week. We operate a mixed shift pattern - Earlies / Late’s including Weekends & On-call rota.
- Salary: The attractive salary for this role is £37,725 - £476,535 (inclusive of London Weighting), and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 25 day’s annual leave plus bank holidays, season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a Senior Scrub Practitioner you will deliver safe quality care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care.
- Carry out scrub duties according to policies and procedures, contributing to quality improvement, and promoting best evidence based practice.
- Promote a patient focused approach to care in collaboration with all relevant healthcare professionals.
- In addition to clinical duties, the direct supervision and training/coaching of junior staff will be your responsibility in order to ensure the provision of a high quality and cost effective service to patients and users.
- Provide managerial accountability in the absence of the Team Leader under the supervision of the Theatre Manager.
- Undertake all activities in a professional and proficient manner, including mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Theatre Practitioner/Nurse with a post-registration qualification relevant to functional specialty i.e. Advanced Scrub Practitioner Qualification/Surgical First Assistant is desirable.
- You should hold a teaching/mentor accredited course and be able to demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Expert Scrub nurse with extensive post qualification scrub experience in a range of surgical specialties. Experience in orthopaedic, ophthalmology and robotic procedures would be advantageous
- Highly motivated individual with a flexible attitude to deliver patient care and meet service demands. You will be based in main theatres but there is an expectation for you to be deployed to Day Surgery Unit to provide assistance as required, therefore, a flexible attitude is required to accommodate the surgical requirements of each department.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.