We are looking for an intelligent, empathetic marketer to play a pivotal role in the growth of our company. Reaching and on-boarding customers is crucial to our success and you’ll be helping to lay the foundations for how we do this at scale.
At Up Learn we use AI and cognitive science to ensure every student can achieve an A* regardless of their background. We guarantee students academic success or their money back. We’re on a mission to help every student fulfil their potential.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve achieved 97% A*/A success rate (with some students starting from grades as low as Ds and even Us), helped over 2,000 students, delivered over 400 scholarships to disadvantaged students and received 100% 5* reviews on Trustpilot. We’ve now raised over £2.5m from exceptional investors to create our next wave of A Level and GCSE courses, expanding our reach to over 2 million new students every year.
You possess exceptional copywriting skills, and have a keen interest in buying behaviour and marketing psychology. A self-starter, you are a clear communicator comfortable taking on new challenges. You have a track record of working effectively with people across multiple levels of an organisation, and an ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
What you’ll do in the first 6 months
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will:
- Take the lead on producing new sales and marketing copy that is clear, persuasive and informative, with input from our Head of Marketing and Head of Business Development
- Develop, iterate and automate high-quality email campaigns that generate B2B and B2C leads for our sales team, convincing teachers and students of the irresistible benefits of using Up Learn
- Craft behaviour-based in-product messaging that helps students, parents and teachers get the most out of Up Learn (and optimise students’ path to an A*) with input from our Head of Customer Experience
- Deliver compelling webpage copy, and work with our team to bring these ideas to life on our Wordpress site
- Produce content for our blog that inspires students from all socio-economic backgrounds to thrive in their academic and professional lives, helps parents support their children, and aids teachers to deliver optimal learning outcomes for their students
- Play a pivotal role in defining Up Learn’s brand voice by contributing to the development of Up Learn’s customer communications strategy and content calendar
- Construct automated conversion pathways in our CRM to drive engagement with new and existing customers and maximise revenue
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- A track record of crafting persuasive copy and delivering successful email & marketing campaigns
- Strong academic track record
- Experience with content marketing and awareness of online marketing
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken
- Highly organised, strong attention to detail and experience working with stakeholders across different levels of an organisation
- Experience with Wordpress, Hubspot, Intercom and/or Google Analytics advantageous
- Thrive in a culture of feedback - giving and receiving it
- You care about our mission of solving education and improving students’ lives
- Competitive remuneration: £25k - £30k
- A fun, friendly, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The chance to define the future of education and make a meaningful contribution to the lives of thousands of students
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded VC-backed startup that's scaling
- An excellent working environment in our spacious and bright private office in Old Street, with delicious coffee, selection of teas and unlimited snacks and drinks
- Regular team outings like go-karting and skiing
- Flexible working hours
- We offer 23 days of bookable paid holiday, plus UK bank holidays, plus unlimited ‘extra days’ - that’s a minimum of 31 days per year!
How to apply
If this sounds like it’s for you, we can’t wait to hear from you!
- Send us your CV & tell us in 150 words why you’d be great for this role.
- Inviting someone to join our core team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us ahead of applying at firstname.lastname@example.org.