In Waters, the Informatics group produce software that is used by people worldwide for specialist measurement and scientific analysis. We are currently seeking an Experienced Full-Stack Software Tech Lead to work in one of our development teams. We work in a collaborative, agile environment, where team members are empowered to innovate and continually improve. We believe strongly in the value of personal development, and provide support and dedicated time for our people to pursue this.
What can we offer?
The chance to make a difference:
The software we develop is helping scientists all over the world to develop and produce novel solutions across the markets served by Waters. By providing easy to use workflows and investigative capabilities, we help scientists get better results, sooner. That can, for example, translate to new, life-enhancing drugs.
A Positive, Supportive & Collaborative Environment:
Within the team, you'll have the opportunity to explore & practise with a wide variety of software technologies and analytical instrumentation. We work in a highly supportive environment where mentoring, coaching and training is provided throughout your career. With Waters, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.
In addition to competitive salaries, we provide 25 days holidays, excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection, private medical & dental, on-site gym and on-site restaurant, and free parking on-site.
Our core working hours are from 10am to 3pm, in a 37-hour week. This allows you to have the flexibility to start earlier & finish earlier or start later & finish later to give you the ability to manage personal and family commitments and have some true work-life balance.
- Software development across our technology stack (Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, C#, .Net/.Net Core, Oracle).
- Working collaboratively as part of a cross discipline agile team to deliver software increments for Informatics applications
- Contributing to team and project continuous improvement activities
- Contributing to continuous integration and delivery frameworks and approaches
- Continual learning, to stay up-to-date with the latest techniques and technologies in software development
- What will make you a successful Software Developer at Waters:
- Knowledge and shown experience as a full stack software developer, ideally with exposure to elements across our technology stack (Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, C#, .Net, Oracle).
- Cloud technology experience, AWS / Azure
- Knowledge and application of software engineering practices (e.g. Unit testing, TDD, CI/CD, SOLID, BDD etc.).
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- The following criteria are desirable, but are not essential since training will be provided for you:
- Agile software development for iterative product delivery
- Continuous delivery, with pipelines implemented in Docker, Linux & Gradle
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), with Gherkin & SpecFlow
- Atlassian Jira, Bamboo, Confluence & JFrog Artifactory
- Software security implementation (e.g. OWASP, PKI, X509 Certificates, TLS)
- Software development for regulated environments (e.g. IVD / Medical devices)
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Company Name: Waters Division
External Company URL: www.waters.com
Street: Stamford Avenue
Telecommute: Negotiable - Flexwise