Role Title: Business Analyst Business: Compliance New or Existing Role? New Grade: GCB5
The Compliance function is a Second line of defence (LOD) function, responsible for reviewing and challenging the activities of the Group's businesses (also referred to as "the First LOD") to ensure that they effectively manage as "Risk Owners" the Regulatory and Financial Crime Compliance risks inherent in or arising from the conduct of their activities and for which they are responsible. The Second LOD consists of 'Risk Stewards' who are independent of the commercial risk-taking activities undertaken by the First LOD. The Compliance function is a Risk Steward for a number of non-financial risks in accordance with HSBC Group's risk framework.
The COO office plays a role in enabling the efficient and effective running of Compliance by serving as trusted partners to the Chief Compliance Officers and other Group Capabilities.
The Product Management team ensures that essential systems and data are available to enable Compliance to conduct effective and efficient investigations and analytics. The team is proactive and future-looking, shaping financial crime technology and promoting its adoption across Compliance.
The role holder will be responsible for the identification, analysis and implementation of requirements for new capabilities used by Compliance to assess and analyse financial crime and reputational risk for all of the Bank's clients. This will require close and productive working relationships with the IT development team and analysts, and skilled relationship management with both internal system owners and external data vendors.Qualifications Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Hand on exposure to the Google Cloud platform and ideally GKE
- Familiar with machine learning in the Cloud in an organizational context
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques.
- Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies, user story writing and tooling (Jira, Confluence)
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- E xperience
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst, consultant and/or project manager
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific financial crime risk management
- Extensive experience gathering requirements and conducting design activity, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects
- Exposure to business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
- Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments
- Effective communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
- Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Business Analysis & Design
- Achieving Excellence
- Delivery at Pace
- Impactful communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Business Case and Benefits Realisation
- Change and Implementation Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Process Re-engineering
- Q ualifications and Accreditations
- ( Desirable) Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- (Desirable) Degree in higher education
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.