My client, an established engineering company based in High Wycombe is looking to recruit a Senior Design Engineer on a full time permanent basis.
The Senior Design Engineer will conceive research and develop engineering designs from product ideas gathered by liaising with the Production and Sales Departments. Factors, including the use of product, material, production processes, safety, legal requirements, quality and cost, and ease of maintenance will all need to be assessed. He/she will prepare working designs, general assembly and detail drawings using Solidworks. He/she will carry out Finite Element Analysis using ANSYS Software.
- Create cost effective & innovative design solutions / packages and see the design through from initial concept through to final production to ensure satisfaction and timely completion of manufacturing and inspection activities ensuring compliance to quality, engineering, and safety standard
- Work with the project management team to convert client engineering requirements into detailed defined instructions for the procurement and production departments
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Provide quotation data in the form of layout drawings and technical assistance
- Preparing and leading design reviews for internal and client evaluation
- Assist in the development of design standards
- Participate in training and personal development
- Consistently work to defined timescales and costs
- Participate in client interface meetings to support the sales and project engineering departments
- Support client site visits, this may involve a proportion of worldwide travel
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of pressure retaining components
- Should be mechanically biased
- Knowledge of British Standards for Engineering Draughting
- Good writing skills, with the ability to write technical reports and procedures for Clients
- Good verbal communication skills
- Strong communication skills are a must, both written and verbal
- Fully conversant with Solidworks, ANSYS FEA and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work unsupervised – self motivated
Hours of work are 07.30 – 16.30 Monday to Thursday and 07.30 – 13.30 Fridays covering 40 hours per week.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and interview
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90442539