Why Work for XpertHR
Explore the human side of data
With over 10,000 resources at our disposal, we provide indispensable industry information for the HR sector across the UK, the US and the Netherlands. We empower organizations to make the right decisions around their people. At the same time, we’re creating an inclusive, people-focused environment of our own. A culture where individuals with ambition, curiosity and ideas can make an impact. Where you can think big, aim high and explore more. ???????
We are looking for a Data Engineer with data transformation skills who can work with the creation of our XpertHR Data Lake solution required for the XpertHR product.
This position performs complex research and data engineering assignments within XpertHR, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional products.
- Own specific set or group of data transfers in various capacities including collection setup, data transfer setup, contributor/customer setup, etc.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to document, interpret, and finalize requirements.
- Produce code that is efficient, repeatable, without defects, and adherent to best practices such as naming conventions, encapsulation, etc.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of data components.
- Complete data engineering bug fixes and issues, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to apply automation or other tools to improve effectiveness or efficiency.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand product requirements and translate them into data engineering and/or data management designs.
- Innovate process improvements that enable efficient delivery and maintenance.
- Participate in the development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Oversee specific database management ensuring structure and dataflow adheres to department standards.
- Utilize various data workflow management and analysis tools.
- Good level of intimacy within a specific data content area.
- Participate in process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high quality services on time, and to specification, resulting in flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet business needs.
- Complete simple data engineering bug fixes and resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Work closely with other engineering team members to understand data and translate requirements.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Participate in project reviews.
- Proven experience in data management area with a technical competencies demonstrated.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred but not required); or equivalent experience required.
- Proficiency with data manipulation technology (e.g. ETL, Spark, Python, SQL and NoSQL) including optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems (e.g. Data Lakes, MongoDB and SQL Server).
- Working knowledge of platforms such as Windows, Unix, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Cloud experience with AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum).
- Understanding of normalized/dimensional data modelling principles.
- Expertise in different Object Oriented development languages.
- Knowledge in Industry data engineering best practices.
- Ability to work with data models.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
What’s it like to work here?
Outstanding - you’ve probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we’re involved with but what’s really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We’re an agile, dynamic and forward thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.
Women in technology:
RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
- Women’s network forum
- Regularly run events for schools girl about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90451737