We are currently recruiting for a QA Team Leader working 4 on 4 off (6pm - 6am) based at our Kettleby Foods site in Melton Mowbray.
Kettleby Foods is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
As part of the QA team you will ensure that all aspects of food safety, quality and legality for the products manufactured are complied with ensuring that the technical integrity of the site is maintained.
- Communicate effectively with production TLs and managers to ensure all issues including non-conformances corrective actions are understood, documented and managed within timescales.
- Be able to plan, structure and organise work in order to set relevant objectives, KPIs prioritising critical tasks.
- Responsible for rejection of non-conforming product and managing resulting communication.
- Conduct investigation of customer complaints, out of spec micro and chemical results and communicate findings to QA and Technical Manager
- Carry out traceability exercises and hygiene audits & Plan and schedule audits and sampling for QA team
- Conduct internal audits to agreed schedule and communicate findings to all relevant managers
- Managing team members to receive performance reviews and have the opportunity to discuss and be supported in their development.
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- Technical knowledge and expertise within chilled food
- Experience of customer and industry audits
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with good attention to detail and be able to delegate confidently in order to meet strict deadlines
- HACCP Level 3
- Food Safety Level 3
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including both written and verbal communication
What we have to offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme ‘Quality Life’ that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90458342