Based in Inverclyde, we require a Sub Contract Manager to join our shipbuilding client on a permanent basis. The Sub Contract Manager will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the onsite subcontract Strategy for the business and each vessel. THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Around 10 years relevant industry experience i.e. Marine / Oil & Gas background.
- Proven experience in onsite major subcontractor management.
- Experience in a Shipbuilding environment is highly preferred, but candidates must have experience working within a major construction site.
- Chartered status in a relevant professional body, i.e. Association of Project Managers
- Computer literate.
- Be able to absorb and assess information quickly.
- Effective communication and networking skills with social confidence, good team worker.
- Logical reasoning with can do attitude.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
- Responsible for continually reviewing the sub contract strategies, updating and revising as necessary, to ensure the process meets the client’s requirements.
- Responsible for the onsite sub contract budget.
- Ensure that the sub contractor design is aligned to the overall company design.
- Manage the design approval process and ensure appropriate design reviews are held.
- Ensure design issues are resolved.
- Manage design dependencies between sub contractors.
- Day to day management of subcontractors onsite through the plan of the day meetings, ensure work is co-ordinated with the yard.
- Work closely with the ship manager and production team to manage the sub contractor work scope.
- Agree the commissioning and acceptance plans for each sub contractor.
- Work with the commissioning manager to integrate these within the overall test and commissioning plan.
- Ensure sub contractors effectively support the overall commissioning plan, including sea trials.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new sub contractor policies and procedures.
- Support the development of others within the team.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Follow Red on LinkedIn
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90476927