Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer - Substations to join our Rail team to work at the Treforest Industrial Estate, PONTYPRIDD.
- To support, where appropriate, all technical and commercial aspects of the mechanical and electrical installation on BB projects, ensure that operations on site are carried out in a safe manner and ensure that the companys business processes are followed in carrying out the construction project.
What you'll be doing
As a Project Engineer - Substations you will:
- Review of the Estimate/Tender for the project, in conjunction with the project team, to fully determine and understand the conditions, requirements, deliverables, risks and liabilities of the works as defined and awarded by the Client;
- Organise the resources necessary to execute the project in a safe, efficient and profitable manner;
- Communicate to project team of all necessary information including contract conditions, specifications, drawings, work instructions and BB policies and procedures for the execution of the project;
- Supervise and motivate project team, including training and development, in the execution of the project and maintaining good industrial relations throughout;
- Establish a productive and harmonious working relationship with the Client, achieve a clear definition of all of BBs responsibilities concerning construction and coordination activities and develop contract opportunities;
- Ensure the efficient production of the engineering through to installation information in accordance with project conditions and requirements, taking account of the CDM and other statutory regulations and the clients safety, quality and programme requirements. Fitness for purpose and ease of maintenance is to be considered;
- Ensure the efficient operation of BBs procurement, material control and costing policies and procedures, aid and assist in producing accurate and current procurement schedules and cost reports for senior management;
- Ensure the safe and efficient execution of installation, testing and commissioning in accordance with the agreed installation methodology to the clients quality and programme requirements and in accordance with company policies and procedures. Maximum utilization of materials, plan and labour is to be achieved;
- Contribute to the accurate and efficient provision of progress and productivity reports weekly and monthly to senior management in accordance with company procedures;
- Cooperate and assist in the safety, quality and financial audits performed during the course of the project, implementing any corrective actions and clearing any anomalies noted, as directed;
- Provide concise and accurate feedback on project performance against estimate to the regional office estimating function;
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Project Manager;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of the UK Sustainabilty requirements.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to build strong relationships at all levels;
- High personal integrity;
- Good communication skills verbal and written;
- Good forward thinker and planner;
- Excellent relationship building ability;
- Highly Professional;
- Customer focused;
- Good/Excellent presentation skills;
- Highly confidential;
- Significant management experience within the construction or relevant support services industries;
- An understanding of issues and trends in the manufacturing and construction sectors;
- Proven track record of depth of experience in given field of expertise;
- Professional approach to Business needs.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.