Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Product Security team in London is seeking a skilled and motivated hacker to help us secure over 3 billion users. From building the coding frameworks to help engineers build secure code to developing automated detection tools to help spot bugs at scale to running one of the oldest bug bounty programs in the industry to working alongside product teams to build security into each feature, our team is committed to finding, fixing, and preventing bugs across our platform.
The ideal candidate is someone who derives purpose in life by revealing potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to eliminate those weaknesses. In this role you will be relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions and to review the security profile of new products and product changes. Come help us make life hard for the bad guys!
At Facebook, supporting our employees is a core part of how we do business. From our generous benefits to our robust diversity programs, we're focused on empowering all our employees to live life to the fullest and bring their best selves to work, each and every day. We're proud of our supportive and inclusive culture and our International Headquarter benefits from over 100 different nationalities. We are dedicated to making Facebook welcoming to everyone who comes to work with us and we actively seek to recruit people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions and better serve our clients.
- Conduct regular security assessments on new and existing products and perform code reviews to proactively find potential vulnerabilities
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats
- Well versed in understanding and explaining internet security issues and/or mobile security issues
- Enjoys communicating and collaborating with product development teams, privacy teams and other XFN partners
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Ability to conduct code review and provide advice on secure product design
- Experience with any programming language (PHP, Python, Java, Perl, Ruby, etc)
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Contributions to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc)