If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
In this role you will be leading R&D projects to test, benchmark and improve the Flowserve floating ball & metal seated plug valves portfolio. Engineering expertise will be required to evaluate the performance of current products and facilitate a design, build & test program to maintain our status as one of the market leaders in valve products.
Preferred Experience / Skills: What do you need for this job:
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
- 5 years or more experience in an engineering based role
- Previous engineering experience in an R&D capacity
- Proficiency in writing engineering/test reports to convey testing methods and conclusions
- Solid understanding in design of experiments (DoE)
- Root cause analysis & problem-solving experience
- Experience in developing testing programs to meet customer or industry specifications
- Proficiency using 2D and 3D CAD packages i.e. SolidWords, Autodesk Inventor or others
- Proficiency in reading detailed engineering drawings
- Experience designing valves or pressure vessels including industry recognised design codes & calculation methods
- Manual machining capability, i.e. turning, milling, drilling or CNC programming
- Numerical simulation expertise - FEA (linear, non-linear, static & dynamic)
- Ability to develop and create testing equipment and acquire test results electronically for analysis
What do we offer:
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Company contribution to the Pension Scheme
- Access to Medicaid Cash Plan
- 25 days of holiday allowance
- Flexible working patterns
- Conveniently located facility with easy access from a train station and its own parking space
Responsibilities & Requirements: You will be involved in the following tasks:
- You will be responsible for the R&D lab including: stock of test products, working processes and procedures.
- You will be required to use your own experience and expertise to help develop internal testing capabilities and processes.
- You will help to plan and design tests and experiments, perform the physical testing, acquire and analyse the results and summarise the testing into a report.
- You will work alongside an existing team of engineers locally.
- You will also help to support R&D work carried out by a team of engineers located at Maraimalai Nagar, India.
- You will provide support for the local manufacturing and assembly teams by helping to solve issues with products though providing direction for rework, if required, with sound engineering judgement and rationale.
- You will help solve issues with products in the field by investigating the root cause and providing written summary reports which will be issued both internally and to the end user.
Primary Posting Location: Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Senior R&D Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Country: Great Britain
Auto req ID: 49994BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.