Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as a Safety Compliance Advisor at our Aldridge MRF (Materials Recycling Facility).
A quick look at the role.
The Safety Compliance Advisor role based at our Aldridge MRF/PRF covers a variety of different tasks which includes ensuring the H&S of all employees, making sure that the site is compliant with current legislation and meeting the requirements of the Site Licence.
The role will also include the collecting and collating of accurate data for the purpose of presenting to the sites management team to aid in the identification of trends, deficiencies, and improvements.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Keeping up to date on all current and new legislative requirements, company policies/procedures and standards.
- Ensuring all operational and non-operational areas within the operational site are adhering to the organisations policies/procedures and practices which include contractors, visitors, and contractor drivers.
- Working and liaising with the central SHEQ team ensuring that information is collected and collected for hazard and near miss reporting, external/internal audits and behavioural surveys. In doing so, also ensuring any findings/trends are being presented to the site management team.
- Ensuring all relevant quality requirements are met and maintained to include training of personnel, accurate data entry to the sites database and reporting of statistical information to the management team/third parties when required.
- Assessing the quality of incoming/outgoing material and work alongside the Production and Commercial Departments to ensure continuous improvement in the quality of material.
- Promoting and managing change across the site to produce positive results.
- Ensuring vehicles, plant and machinery and exceed legislative requirements.
- Acting as the sites point of contact in respect to fire prevention which includes hardware, training and documentation.
- Supporting in the maintenance of the sites ISO accreditations (9001, 18001 and 14001).
- Producing weekly and monthly reports for the senior management team which would provide information on H&S along with quality performance.
- Ensuring all training needs are identified and completed in a timely and effective manner and training records are kept up to date.
Here’s what we require:
- Previous experience in a management role.
- Possess NEBOSH qualification and be qualified to certificate level as a minimum.
- COTC Level 4 qualification is desirable however not essential.
- Experience and a good understanding in the management and auditing of ISO standards.
- Strong analytical nature in a time critical environment.
- Computer literate – comfortable using business software and Microsoft Office Suite (specifically strong knowledge of Excel).
- Exceptional communication skill with the ability to communicate in writing, on a one to one basis and via the phone with all levels including management, team members and internal/external customers.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring staff in their role and for future development.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively.
- A willingness to tolerate a significant amount of routine work
- Hold a full clean driving licence.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme.
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.