REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - Terex Minerals Processing Systems - ERSA
Reporting to the International Sales Director you will act as a key interface role between the factory, distribution channel partners and the end-customer market. You will be responsible for developing & delivering of key business initiatives, dealer development, technical sales & application support to external sales teams that drive sales growth. The territory of responsibility is Western, Central & Southern Africa territory within Terex Minerals Processing Systems ERSA Region.
Main Duties will include:
- Deliver technical & commercial sales support to achieve revenue, pricing and margin sales performance targets in the specific sales Territory of responsibility
- Manage & Develop distribution channels in the specific sales territory of responsibility
- Prospect new partners for territories and market segments not adequately covered
- Manage sales and forecasting for your territory to optimize Finished Goods Inventory
- Manage dealer order patterns, backlog scheduling, credit terms & Receivable Collections
- Communicate new product launches, product changes & pricing policy
- Provide technical application support for MPS ranges to dealers and end-users
- Recommend accurate technical solutions & machine performance specifications to propose the most efficient solution to satisfy customer requirements
- Train and advise dealer staff & end-users on products, applications, machine specifications, benefits, features and USPs
- Attend commercial negotiations with Partners & End-users to advise on products, plants and major projects
- Visit customer working sites to advise on plant layouts and process optimisation
- Provide market feedback on existing products and services, as well as changes, enhancements and new products and convey information to engineering and marketing team members for research and New Product Development
- Gain and maintain market intelligence with particular emphasis on the factors affecting MPS
- Provide updates to sales opportunities, Sales forecast & travel plans in accordance with company reporting processes
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and exhibitions and play an active part in marketing & customer engagement activities as appropriate
- Ensure Compliance with Terex Company policies, procedures and all statutory requirements.
- Significant international travel is required for this role
Experience & Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Ideally educated to degree level within an Engineering discipline
- Practical knowledge of the principles and practices involved in aggregates & minerals processing industries and sizing & selection of equipment
- Significant technical sales experience of crushing, screening & washing equipment and/or crushing & screening production operations, processes & plant layouts
- Ability to generate & deliver technical sales presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships and lead negotiations with customers at all levels and across diverse international cultures
- Fluency in English and French is advantageous
- First rate written and verbal communications skills
- Good listening, observation & analytic skills to understand customer technical requirements
- Excellent problem solving & innovative thinking skills to develop technical & commercial solutions for customers with attention to detail & accuracy
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Experience of AggFlow, AutoCAD, MS Visio software packages are advantageous.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks and time management
- You must be goal and result orientated with the energy, perseverance and commitment to drive forward sales
- Honesty & Integrity to always follow sound ethical business practices
- Based in country / willing to relocate
This above description is non-exhaustive and there may be additional duties in accordance with the role.
We reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short listing stage, if required.
TEREX is an equal opportunity employer and appointments are based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
It is the policy of Terex to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal and external candidates based on work-related factors and to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Terex will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Terex will provide reasonable accommodations when requested to enable completion of the on-line employment inquiry form, or, if desired, an alternative method of inquiry. If you need reasonable accommodation, please email GlobalTalentAcquisitions@terex.com for assistance.