Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The successful applicant will have the ability to understand, and deliver a solution that meets the customer's needs and requirements. The role of Project Sales Manager plays a critical role in delivering the ongoing growth through generating new sales revenue and in this role you will be responsible for managing the relationship completely.
Purpose of the role:
- Identify and secure opportunities within Dematic’s core competency predominantly in the UK market
- Own opportunities from lead identification through proposal submission and final negotiation with your clients
- Ensure all proposals are developed and submitted in line with the Dematic NE business winning process
- Monitor the materials handling market, i.e. customers, suppliers and competitors
- Present the company to customers in line with the company image ie competence, application experience, high quality products and excellent customer care
- Build targeted pipeline of opportunities aligned to business strategy
- Establish contact with new customers to build long term relationships
- Implement a successful win/bid strategy for each project opportunity
- Maintain and develop existing customer base, ensuring regular stakeholder engagement, maximising future opportunities
- Maintain/improve win rate target
- Submit win/loss analysis for every opportunity
- Fully utilise company’s CRM tool in line with best practice
- Work collaboratively involving close interaction with the business development, solutions, marketing and other teams throughout sales lifecycle.
To apply for this specialist role:
- You will be able to prove your track record of delivering sales wins and customer development within the UK automation sector
- You will have experience of strategic relationship selling of complex automation projects; managing the whole sales lifecycle from customer enquiry through to win
- You are an accomplished presenter to customers of different levels (e.g. Operational, Engineers, Buyers and CEO’s/CFO’s) and understand the principles of contract structures and negotiations.
- You will be able to evidence your success in relevant previous projects