AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £54.3 billion and more than 282,000 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre.
The role will report directly to the Finance Director and be responsible for leading a team of five.
The role will be responsible for the ongoing design, implementation and monitoring of the preventative and detective controls for charging fees. This will include:
· Chairing monthly meetings with business to discuss current issues/plans
· Preparing plans/calendars and action trackers
· Preparing formal reports
· Implementing policies and procedures
· Identification of any problematic charging processes
· Recommending potential solutions to simplify charging mechanism
· Working with business to ensure any proposed changes to the charging structure can be implemented correctly
· Testing of new fee scripts with business
The role will also be responsible for oversight of the operational finance team to ensure that fees are raised correctly and collected in line with credit control policies.
This is a great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant who is pro-active and a confident communicator who enjoys a challenge and is looking for a fast paced environment in which to develop their career. It will provide excellent exposure to the business working with senior members of the finance team, operations, product owners, technology services and business analysts.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
· Generous holiday allowance increasing with length of service, plus bank holidays
· Discretionary annual bonus
· Contributory pension scheme
· BAYE Share Scheme
· Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
· Holiday buy/sell scheme
· Free social events
· Free onsite gym and classes
· Season ticket loan portal
· Bike Loan and much more
Plus much more.