The support worker/RMN works within a team comprising family and professionals providing care and clinical input for the client. The successful applicant will also take responsibility for coordinating a comprehensive team of support for this young man. The role is to provide a high quality of support provision ensuring the ongoing physical and emotional health and wellbeing of the young adult, facilitating maintenance of the home environment, and supporting their access to differing community activities at all times. The support worker has the responsibility to meet the individual clients' needs through provision of general care, facilitation of personal care, facilitation of supported independence and facilitation of accessing social opportunities.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- To monitor and interact with the client in an inclusive manner, ensuring the clients' safety and access to all reasonable activities.
- Provide a service that always respects the clients' disabilities and promote choice and learning through facilitating their abilities.
- Provide support that encourages and facilitates activity, rest and social/community opportunities that reflect the clients' general functional ability.
- Provide facilitation of a personal care regime that reflects due consideration to the clients' dignity and privacy and ensures the ongoing health and wellbeing of the client.
- Remain vigilant to any presentations which indicate that the client's physical &/or emotional wellbeing is not optimal and alerting the relevant clinician for immediate intervention.
- Take prime responsibility for ensuring that all medication is administered in the doset box for the client.
- Contributng a written report on progress for all professional meetings summariing the suppor tteam's input with the client.
- Nurture positive relationships with all family and professional personnel involved with the client and undertake all tasks as they are trained to undertake.
- Communicate effectively with low tone of voice and sensitively when speaking with the client.
- Ensure that every effort is made to maintain the clients' dignity and self-esteem.
- Ensure that a comprehensive written report of tasks and activities undertaken with the client is completed at the end of each shift which is of a good standard and accurate, and that this report is available to family members to read and share with clinicians as required.
- Be able to undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required.
- Be a competent driver with no current driving convictions which make them unsuitable for the role e.g. drink driving
What we offer you
Working with Prestige Nursing + Care is a better way to work in care.
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Flexible working
- Free uniform
- Continued Professional Development
- Support with revalidation
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 365 days a year (fully confidential support)
- Your Prestige Benefits and Rewards
- Employee Recognition
- Referrals Scheme
- Conference and Event Attendance
What we're looking for from you:
- A valid NMC pin
- Must have a full driving licence
- 2 professional references
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent record keeping
We're also seeking people who are:
- Professional and friendly
- Able to work on own initiative
We would love you to join our team
By submitting your details, you acknowledge that Prestige Nursing + Care is collecting, processing and using your personal data for managing your application and establishing an applicant database. For more information, please visit our Applicant Policy.