Social Media Manager
Our Social Media Manager will work closely with the Business Unit Marketing teams to build, drive and execute the social media plans and strategy. The role will be required to work closely with content and channel owners, especially consumer PR, to ensure brand content is amplified across our channels. The role will also have line management responsibility of three social media executives.
- To shape and deliver the social media strategy for each brand; setting clear direction to the team and retained agency on objectives, shaping content themes and pillars, and ensuring social media plans adhere to the strategy
- To manage the consumer social media agency on a day-to-day basis and ensure they are delivering brand and social media objective, within agreed budgets for BAU and campaign social media
- To work closely with the marketing teams within the business units to recommend the most effective social media approaches to support the brands' marketing plan
- To manage the social media budget covering creative development, agency management and campaign implementation
- To work closely with agencies & stakeholders to develop new creative content ideas that will grow our brand fan base, increase our exposure and improve our social media engagement
- Take a leading role in managing the external agency across allocated consumer social media campaigns. Seeing through from planning, implementation and evaluation by working in conjunction with brand teams and the agency
- Line management of three direct reports; unlocking their talent through strong mentoring and management, and supporting their on-going development
- To deliver the community management strategy, setting clear objectives and KPIs for the community management agency to ensure the team to create strong relationships with our customers. Where appropriate, this role should also highlight opportunities to share responses with PR that could be used as engaging, brand building content, as well as opportunities to develop our interactions through new innovations/technology
- Create periodic reports to demonstrate effectiveness of social content campaigns - attending relevant meetings to provide updates
- To work closely with all content and channel owners to ensure through-the-line activity is activated effectively, especially with consumer PR to ensure we maximise owned and earned media opportunities
- To partner with the paid media team and external agency to deliver paid digital activations that deliver against brand objectives. Seeing through from planning, production, implementation and evaluation by working in conjunction with brand teams and the agency
- Support the creation and implementation of a comprehensive social media training programme including presenting social media workshops, developing toolkits, providing on-going support and guidance to social champions
- Lead the social media team in providing first-class support, guidance and help on social media, online reputation management and reviews
- Oversee the implementation of social campaigns to support our substantial pub refurbishment programme, ensuring the agency is delivering on time, to budget and against the set KPIs
- Develop key relationships within the commercial team - food, drink, insight to ensure campaigns are maximised and a collaborative approach is optimised
- Proactive with strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Autonomous and confident making decisions and advising under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- To be able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively to the wider business
- Personable and able to bring other people on the journey
- A genuine desire to work within the pub and restaurant sector
- Shares Greene King's values and wants to be part of them
- Five years' experience in a social media role
- A thorough understanding of how social media is used for marketing purposes
- Previous experience working in digital communications and social media
- The ability to measure and review social media campaigns
- A strong communicator that can adapt for audiences of varying degrees of knowledge
- Experience in building social media communities and general marketing experience
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based