Description This is a regional role covering the South West of the UK.WHAT WE'RE DOING
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and accelerate its full fibre future - transforming the way we live, work and communicate.
With 8 million homes and businesses to connect in our sights, and a £4bn investment programme to make it happen, we have a busy and exciting journey ahead.WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
We expect a lot from our team, but we also want everyone to feel supported and empowered in helping us deliver our mission. That's why we make sure to provide opportunities for you to learn, develop your career, use your talents, and fulfil your potential.
With a salary of £65,000 - £75,000
depending on experience, you'll also get benefits like 25 days holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We want everyone to know - and feel - that CityFibre is a place where we can be ourselves, with all the things that make us similar and different. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You'll be leading the commercial and contractual management of a regional portfolio of telecoms projects, these include; new full fibre network build, city enhancement projects including PSN or equivalent and field service frameworks. The role includes authoritative leadership and management of regional teams to commercially manage a multi-billion capital construction budget.
As Regional Commercial Contracts Manager, you'll be working in closely with Operations and Service Delivery Directors to drive successful project completion and optimise spend; ensuring the contracts in play are being commercially managed and CityFibre are fully protected under the contract terms and comply with the relevant statutory requirements e.g. Construction Act. You are also responsible for developing and implementing processes to standardise and streamline reporting, drive down cost and improve efficiencies of construction activity and contractual management across the business to achieve its long-range objectives.
Your work and your teams outputs ultimately for part of the reporting to the board and E-team with professional insight to help the guide the business in achieving its goals.WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
You'll have a proven track record of successful commercial management and quantity surveying, ideally within a telecoms or civils background. It's also important that you're able to develop and line manage large teams of commercial professionals who operate over a regional or national footprint ensuring their growth and adaptability to take on new challenges. Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading teams to drive the right behaviours and appropriate commercial, contract and supplier management approaches and decision making
- Working with and Integrating with other business functions including precontract team, delivery directors, compliance director, financial controllers and heads of design and architecture and legal to successfully deliver our operating model.
- Highly comfortable with data and ability to use data sets from various sources to interpret and collate financial data and synthesise into useable and actionable output and drive decision making in your teams to achieve desired outcomes
- In-depth knowledge of NEC3 ECC along with legal and alternate dispute resolution approaches.
- Highly experience and skilled in the negotiation and influence of suppliers and partners and an appreciation of driving value in partnerships
- Extensive range of QS experience in the civil engineering industry.
- Excellent presentation skills and report writing
- Strong upward and downward communication skills, numerical and computer literacy skills.
Experience working in the telecoms or utility sector, active and passive network infrastructure and of NRSWA and SRWR Streetworks requirements would be a beneficial but are not essential requirements. OUR CULTURE
The CityFibre Way is how we think, act and work. It's our way of doing things. We back each other
, think smart and act fast
, and we love giving it our best
to build a legacy
together. When these four behaviours come together, they shape our culture to bring out the best in us, set us apart from our competition, and make our customers remember us.It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to unleash Britain's potential in a digital age. There's never been a more exciting time to join the team!