Full and part-time positions available
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Join Specialist Care Team where you'll have the opportunity to make a difference as a Senior Support Worker. We have lots of opportunities for personal development and career progression through our training and development programmes.
As part of our highly-trained team you will work with people to enable them to live happy lives, while promoting their independence. We are an outcome-focused organisation, registered with CQC, supporting individuals to maintain and achieve greater independence.
As a senior you will have the opportunity to work on either our supported living or community team. Part of your role will include:
You will also be working with your service users on tasks such as personal care, meeting with friends and family, accessing the local community, budgeting, medications and other daily household tasks.
Here's some of the highlights of working at Specialist Care Team . . .
• We pay more – We believe in paying a fair price for an outstanding job for our team members. Seniors currently receive £9.40 an hour.
• Flexible working – Whether you have regular driving lessons, play badminton on a Thursday night or need to look after a family member, we understand you may have commitments elsewhere and will always aim to have a flexible approach to your availability
• Guaranteed contract hours – We don't believe in offering 'zero hour' contracts as standard – all of our team members have a guaranteed number of hours each week, which can range anywhere from 8-40 hours depending on whether you want to work part- or full-time.
• Going the extra mile – If you need to travel during work, no matter if it's the bus or using your own vehicle we will reimburse your travel costs (we pay 40p per mile if you're using your car)
• Investing in you – You need the best tools to carry out a high level of care, and that's why you'll be fully-trained by our in-house team and members of our community team are given a work mobile phone so you can perform to the best of your ability
What we need from you:
As a senior member of the team, you will already have day-to-day experience of the care sector. You may already be a senior elsewhere, or a support worker ready to take on extra responsibilities.
You don’t necessarily need any qualifications – what really matters to us is that you have the right values. We can help you achieve the formal Level 3 and Level 4 qualifications.
Everyone working in social care needs a good standard of English, as well as numeracy and digital skills. You will need to enjoy working in a team and you need to be good at problem solving.
Additional skills required to be join our team include:
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today.