Environmental Test Engineer
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Role Title and Location:Environmental Test Engineer at Stevenage
Job Ref No: P8168S
MBDA Level:Level 3 (will consider offering Level 2 with suitable development)
Reports to:Environmental Test Team Leader
We are looking for an Environmental Test Engineer to join our experienced team within the Environmental Engineering and Facilities (EE&F) department, working in our test laboratory at Stevenage.
You will be working with our extensive range of test facilities to support high technology product development, formal qualification and failure investigations, whilst also being involved in the development of new techniques to improve effectiveness and reliability.
What are we looking for?
* Ideally HNC/HND qualified or equivalent
* Good verbal and written communication abilities
* Practical person with proven analytical and problem solving skills
* Effective at working in teams with strong interpersonal skills
* Experience of mechanical (vibration and shock) and climatic testing, including derivation of control strategies, function of climatic chambers and equipment, vibration test controllers and data acquisition systems.
* Good working knowledge of instrumentation types
* Relevant experience of Environmental defence standards
* A strong ability to identify the correct technical solution and drive this though with the Customer.
* A less experienced candidate who is able and willing to learn on the job would be considered, starting at a lower level with the opportunity for progression as skills and experience develop.
What’s in it for you?
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team to develop your skills whilst interacting with high technology equipment on a daily basis and working in a challenging environment where no two days are the same. Involvement throughout the product lifecycle provides a unique insight into all aspects of weapon system development where you can make a difference.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The Environmental Test Engineer role covers the following typical responsibilities:
* Ongoing liaison with the Project team, including input to the planning of test campaigns
* Configuring and running tests using vibration, shock and climatic test facilities.
* Writing Test House Certificates to report on test activities
* ing technical knowledge in a range of Environmental test techniques in compliance with DEF STAN 00-35, Mil Std 810 and other relevant standards.
* Investigation of product behaviour and modifying tests accordingly; reviewing failures related to environmental inputs and recommending solutions.
* Instrumentation and measurement of products exposed to environmental tests.
* Definition and adaptation of test control strategies
* Contributing to the development and commissioning of new test facilities.
What’s great about the team?
The team has a wide range of experience so there are great opportunities to learn from others as well as working in an atmosphere of high co-operation and team spirit, pulling together to face challenges.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note:MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.