Role Title and Location: Simulation and Modelling Engineer
Job Ref No: P7877SF
Directorate: Engineering Directorate
MBDA Level of role: Level 4
Reports to : Team Leader, Simulation and Modelling
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Simulation and Modelling Engineer to become a key member of a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project.
Simulation and Modelling is central to the design and development of MBDA’s products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and contribute across the System Engineering process. The Simulation and Modelling team is responsible for the development of these models and they are used to support:
* initial feasibility, concept proving and design trade-off studies
* Hardware in the Loop, algorithm and software activities
* trials programmes, including trials predictions used as part of the fit-to-fire decision and post-trials analysis for detailed trials evaluation
* formal performance statements, certificate of design and design verification processes for the guided weapon system
* As an experienced Level 4 engineer you will be responsible for design, development and integration of models and components to support programmes within MBDA.
* You will take a lead in ensuring that model design and architecture is fit for current needs and scalable and extendable to allow incorporation of future requirements and growth.
* Provide support to other team members in overcoming complex issues within models and software and providing advice on model and software design best practice.
* You will be expected to engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
* You will be able to act as a point of contact for Simulation and Modelling’s interactions with other teams e.g. Software, Hardware-in-the Loop, Guidance Navigation & Control and Systems Design & Validation
What's great about the role?
* You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the design and functionality of MBDA’s weapon systems through your model development work and will understand how Simulation and Modelling supports our products
* You will have the opportunity to build relationships with engineers in related disciplines with whom we have a high level of interaction
* You will have an in-depth exposure to modelling tools as used by Simulation and Modelling and have the opportunity to develop relevant skills and them in developing large scale models.
* You will be part of an international function, with the possibility for interactions with our colleagues in France and Italy.
What’s great about joining this team?
* You will be joining a vibrant, hard-working team with a successful track record in achieving project milestones on time and on budget.
* You will be working in a very challenging environment which we are continuously improving to bring benefits to the programmes we are involved in. This includes processes, methods and toolsets, each of which brings a variety of specific challenges to solve in order to fully exploit new benefits across a wide range of programmes.
What are we looking for?
* An appropriate good Engineering Degree or Masters in Systems or Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics and a proven track record in the following:
* Simulation & Modelling - preferably on Aerospace projects
* Simulink, MATLAB, and Stateflow
* High level programming languages, e.g. FORTRAN, C/C++
* Ability to produce a computer simulation from a mathematical specification
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of the following:
* Software design
* Software construction
* Working within a software quality process
In addition you will:
* be highlyself motivatedand pro-active and be capable of working on your own initiative with a minimum of supervision, as well as within a Simulation and Modelling team working transversally with other functions
* have an understanding of and an ability to work within defined processes
* have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems
* have good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
* have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes
* be able to work with engineering teams, including in-house and contractor personnel
* have experience in ing systems engineering practices to software development efforts.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.