The Renewables business at Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Renewable Energy Consultant in the Wind Advisory team based in Glasgow.
The purpose of the role is to project manage due diligence and advisory assignments in the wind industry. The team is involved in onshore, offshore fixed and offshore floating projects. Manage the teams of multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scopes of work, both within the team and the winder Wood business.
Manage multi-discipline teams to assess offshore wind projects on behalf of lenders, investors and other project stakeholders, with focus on delivering safely, on time and on budget.
- Focus on health and safety - with respect to personal work practises and willingness to intervene and report issues as appropriate.
- Represent Wood as a key technical resource for your specialism, sharing knowledge and experience to aid overall development of competencies within the team.
- Undertake site visits within the UK and globally.
- Maintain consistently high quality and technical excellence.
- Meet with prospective clients and establish business development leads.
- Mentor and support less experienced team members.
- Identify and communicate relevant technological developments or regulatory changes which may impact the business or provide new opportunities.
- Quality assurance - review of deliverables produced by the wind advisory team to ensure that excellent standards are maintained.
- Implement a suite of project controls to enable efficient and accurate monitoring of the internal and external aspects of projects, looking for opportunities to improve and streamline.
- Strong commercial and contract awareness.
- Awareness and ideally, expertise in risk quantification and management
- Experience in an engineering or other relevant role in the wind industry.
- Awareness of key renewable energy technologies with a focus on wind energy.
- Engineering consultancy specialising in energy infrastructure projects and renewable energy finance, and/or
- Experience in the development, construction and/or operation of offshore wind energy projects.
- Experience in conducting due diligence for energy or infrastructure.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in a STEM subject or other relevant subject (e.g. economics, law, finance).
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, aural).
- Detailed understanding of technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects (including project finance, M&A markets, regulatory/policy matters)
- Ability to prepare and write high quality concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills particularly MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to collate, analyse and act upon complex and diverse information from a variety of sources and produce good quality management data for director level decision making.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills to allow delivery of tasks in a logical and methodical manner.
- Ability to operate at all levels of a business and convey detailed project information in a concise manner.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.