Changing the way the world thinks about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management
Help us make a difference as a Financial Analyst based from our offices in Warrington
A quick look at the role.
The Financial Analyst (FA) has responsibility for all accounting and preparation of the management accounts and reporting of selected business units in the Division. The role works closely with the operational management (typically location managers) in the business to ensure robust financial controls are in place and adhered to.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, including variance analyses and bridges, for each of the selected business units, to meet reporting deadlines and provide useful feedback/explanations of financial performance to finance and non-finance-personnel
- Participate in the preparation of monthly financial reporting packs to assist the SFA in meeting the deadlines for submission with clear and accurate data.
- Monthly CAPEX reporting and forecast updates to support analysis against budget and decision making.
- Assist FBPs and operations in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and five year plans for the business units of responsibility so that accurate and up-to-date financial information is used.
- Consolidate budgets, forecasts and five year plans for the division to ensure timely and accurate submission to Central Finance.
- Review (or compile) balance sheet reconciliations to ensure adherence to Group policy.
- Provide end of year audit support giving full and adequate explanations to auditors where requested so that testing can be completed on a timely basis.
- Support FBPs and non-finance personnel, providing financial data to assist in commercial decision making.
- Provide cover for the Divisional Finance Team as required so that processes can continue uninterrupted during holidays/absence.
Here’s what we require:
- Experience in a finance or management accounts function
- Part qualified ACCA or CIMA
- Fully computer literate and an advanced user of Excel
- Experience with additional Microsoft office applications not mandatory but beneficial
- Analytical with excellent attention for detail and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude,
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a team.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.