Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
Cygnet Oaks a 36 bed hospital specialising in high dependency inpatient rehabilitation for men is currently recruiting regional bank support workers to work weekends and nights on a casual basis across our services in Bradford.
In this role you’ll
- Assist in achieving and maintaining the efficient and economic production of quality food whilst ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Prepare, cook and serve meals, hot and cold, as appropriate. Responsible for providing special diets where necessary as well as taking into account the preferences of individual residents.
- Maintain an accurate record/list of food supplies, freezer temperature requirements, etc. where requested/required while ensuring Statutory Health and Safety Standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
- NVQ 2 or equivalent or evidence of the same experience in catering
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is not essential as training will be given on site.
- Have an expertise in dietary requirements (i.e. Halal/diabetic/vegan)
- Knowledge of nutrition and have the ability to plan nourishing and attractive menus within available budgets.
- Available to work every Saturday and Sunday.
Why join us?
- Group Pension
- NHS Staff Discounts
- Enhanced Maternity
- Free Health Cash Plan
- Employee Referral Scheme
- 24 Hours Free GP Helpline
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- On-site Benefits
- Free Mortgage Broker & Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP
- Free Eye Tests
- Car Lease Discounts
- Paid Life Assurance Company scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Please note – this role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as you will be in contact with vulnerable adults. Therefore all candidates invited for interview will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and any offer of employment is subject to successful clearance.