Technical Architect - Board Risk Profile (BRP) Team - Permanent
Core Business Services
Requisition # BIR0029T
Post Date Aug 18, 2020
Location: UK (Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow or Edinburgh)
EY's Vision 2020/2020+ strategy addresses the dramatic, fast-paced changes that the world is undergoing, including rapid advances in technology, new client needs, macroeconomic and geopolitical shifts, and people's new expectations of the future of work. These changes create exciting opportunities, but new opportunities also bring new risks. At the same time, regulatory and compliance obligations are increasing.
Within the professional services environment, the identification and management of risk is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services, the protection of our brand and the promotion of trust. Risk management encompasses the technical support and processes which enable and support the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
EY continues to enhance its approach to risk management to enable greater insight into, and monitoring of perceived threats and vulnerabilities, and the taking of preventative action as necessary. As part of this initiative the firm is creating a Board Risk Profile (BRP) team within the Enterprise Risk Services function of the UK Firm's Central Risk Management (RM) group.
The primary objectives of the BRP team are to enable the EY UK Board to better understand the risks being undertaken by the business and gain comfort that they are being managed appropriately.
The team will be responsible for maintaining and further developing the firm's risk management methodologies and supporting risk solutions and technology infrastructure including monitoring and reporting of risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
The team will be located in the Enterprise Risk Services function, supporting the management of the Board's risks by:
- continuous monitoring of the current profile
- identifying changes in the risk landscape
- collating and analysing data to generate on-going risk insights
- maintaining and enhancing an advanced risk management systems and technology environment
- covering UK firm-wide operational, strategic and external risks.
The firm is looking for a Technical Architect in the Risk Data & Analytics team, within Enterprise Risk Services. The team will be responsible for maintaining and further developing the firm's risk management methodologies and supporting risk solutions and technology infrastructure, including monitoring and reporting of risks, threats and vulnerabilities. The role is supported by an offshore data engineer and data developer.
Enterprise Risk Services sits within the firm's Central Risk Management (RM) group in the UK - a team of specialists covering a range of topics including independence, financial crime, data protection, infrastructure, compliance, security, health& safety and other risk areas. RM works closely with the Legal team, other quality and risk management specialists embedded in the Service Lines and client handlers.
Your key responsibilities
- Interpretation and communication of Board and Business requests into technical requirements for the team to action
- Build, maintain and enhance a central data repository
- Drive efficiency in data extraction, data ingestion, data analytics, risk and control assessments and reporting through technology and automation
- Identify opportunities to replace or upgrade technology where required (e.g. control testing automation, smart scanning, advanced data analytics capabilities such as AI/ML etc.)
- Work with a team ofoffshore data architects/engineers and data developers
- Maintain knowledge of leading technology practices for monitoring and reporting the management of Risks
- Maintain relationships the suppliers of the selected toolsets and regularly refresh knowledge of the market trends and products
- Seek to source, implement and operate the technical solutions in the most cost-efficient way, including identification and use of Cloud environments
- Manage the technical team of onshore and off shore resources
- Maintain knowledge of the Firms risk management technical strategy, assisting with it where possible and ensuing UK Risk Management compliance with the strategy and / or gain approval for any divergence
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Strong enterprise risk management / operational risk management experience
- A clear vision of how leading-edge risk management environments should be designed
- Experience of using and configuring eGRC tools to support risk framework implementation and maintenance
- Experience in risk analytics and risk visualisation methods and tooling
- Ability to establish a high degree of credibility in order to manage working environments comprised of multicultural teams and levels
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Strong personal communication skills (oral and written)
- Effective and proven leadership, planning and organising skills to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects
- Deep knowledge of integration technologies such as ETL, ESBs, Web APIs and Azure data management capabilities
- Azure cloud experience (e.g. Data Factory, Blob Storage, Functions, Logic Apps)
- Database Administrator (DBA) experience on MS SQL and DB2
- Experience in SQL and Java
- Team management
- Supplier relationship management
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience of working within a Big 4 environment (or similar)
- Specific experience in using and configuring IBM Open Pages and Cognos Reporting Tool (including development of custom triggers, custom helpers, workflows, screens, user roles and implementation of Java and REST APIs)
- Experience in reviewing and maintain risk management policies, procedures and methodologies
- Project management experience, ideally in a global organisation
- Experience of working in a complex, matrixed organisation
Whatworking at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where
you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive
Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career
development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs,
covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range
of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching andfeedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop newskills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibilityto handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY iscommitted to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexibleworking arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people,enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to buildyour career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While ourclient-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at timesbe based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you toachieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance,
tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products,
expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That
starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities
and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you
stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal
information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The
information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to
evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our
recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity
and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information
to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness. We ask because it
If youcan confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact usas soon as possible.
Join usin building a better working world.