Westerwood Global is currently recruiting a Field Service Engineer. The role will be based in Cheshire with travel throughout Europe.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5+ years Field Service experience in a Semiconductor or Scientific product environment. The successful candidate will perform installation and maintenance of Process Instrumentation and / or Control Systems. The ideal candidate will have experience of installing and troubleshooting mass flow controllers, pressure transducers, high energy equipment, electronics and/or instrumentation. Experience within analytical services and maintenance of equipment such as gas and leak detection and mass spectrometers desirable
Westerwood Global a leading provider of manufacturing and technical support services exclusive to the semiconductor industry. At Westerwood Global, we work with our customers to provide “Whole Fab” support solutions.
Westerwood Global is a dynamic and growing company. We pride ourselves on offering industry leading employment opportunities. Our employees are at the core of our service offering and their professional development is a vital aspect of the Westerwood Global culture and values.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum requirements;
- Installation, scheduled preventative and unscheduled corrective maintenance of Electronic / Scientific manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to work on electronic, electro-mechanical instrumentation and controls systems.
- Experience with mass spectrometer, helium leak detectors, RGA, FTIR and/or MFCs.
- Accurate reporting of root cause analysis, problem solving, data logging and corrective actions on failure mechanisms of equipment and systems.
- Ability to follow detailed work based instructions and procedures including electrical circuit diagrams and PNID.
- Able to work in a cleanroom (FAB) environment and must be comfortable wearing PPE.
- Must be a self starter and have ability to work autonomously.
- Must be flexible and available for travel.
Suitable candidates will possess the following;
- A technical qualification or equivalent, plus a minimum of 5+ years as an equipment maintenance technician performing scheduled Installs, PMs and repairs.
- Ability to perform highly diversified maintenance duties to equipment and processes.
- Experience in electro-mechanical, electronics troubleshooting and repair highly desirable.
- 100% compliance with all safety and protocol specifications and regulations.
- 100% adherence to maintenance specifications and best practices.
- All client tracking systems to be maintained accurately at all times.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical documentation.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis methodology and continuous improvement programs highly desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- European languages - a benefit
The following Person Specification is required:
- Electrical and mechanically minded.
- Manual dexterity ability.
- Demonstrated communication and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to get on well in a team environment.
- Customer friendly, presentable and personable as a company representative.
What is on offer with Westerwood Global?
- Competitive salary
- Overtime opportunities
- Travel and accommodation
- Travel allowances
- Paid Holidays
- Reward and recognition programme
- Employee Events