Covetrus is the largest provider of practice management software to the UK veterinary profession, supporting over 1400 practices nationwide. With over 30 years of experience we believe our job is to provide a system with a unique level of support to dramatically improve practice processes and business profitability. We understand the fundamental procedures that are needed to effortlessly run a busy veterinary practice and so engage a unique blend of superior staff ranging from veterinary nurses and practice managers through to extremely clever technologists and developers who collectively translate your needs into robust and highly functional software. The core of our development philosophy is the provision of highly configurable systems that can easily be moulded to meet a plethora of practice requirements, solve practice problems and take the pain out of running your business. The Covetrus software support system is like no other in the market. We operate a 'live' call answering system where your call is answered by a fully trained technician who is ready and able to deal with your query immediately.
Direct Sales Responsibility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the business activities, relationships and revenue streams in your appointed territory to deliver or exceed your sales target
- To sell the entire range of company products and services to our current Covetrus Global Technology Solutions ("GTS") customer base within your defined territory in a professional manager working cohesively with our Animal Health business
- To add value to our customers by understanding their business and being able to apply recommend Covetrus GTS products based on the most appropriate fit for the individual customer at the time.
- Provide quotations to current customers who are extending their businesses premises and customers that have been acquired by corporates awaiting to migrate in to the corporate contract held with Covetrus GTS
- Manage the business activities, relationships and revenue streams of your designated territory, so that your new business sales revenue target is achieved (or exceeded) at the required profit margins.
- To locate new business opportunities and challenge the customer perspective, display the drive to succeed and bring vision and passion to the role when discussing our business solutions.
- To sell the entire range of company services to all key areas of the veterinary market with a strong focus on cross-selling.
- Exercise a professional, but suitable degree of influence across functions within GTS, to ensure our service is delivered to a high standard by the required department.
- Ownership for the business KPI performance of your geographic territory in particular driving adoption of current product stack and the optimisation of the most current PMS release
- Maintain sales performance in line with agreed monthly revenue targets, including protection and growth of current accounts and seeking new business opportunities on territory.
- Build & maintain strong working relationships with high profile Veterinary advocates, and with Covetrus colleagues.
- Strictly adhere to the Company’s Management Information processes, meeting deadlines for reporting
- Other relevant tasks and/or projects as requested by your line manager
- Actively procure leads for our Covetrus AH department
- Actively convert dissenters in to advocates of our brand measured through the number of independent customers that migrate away
- Proactively create, manage your calendar, to ensure targets are hit for new business and growth in existing accounts
- Attend all GTS internal sales meetings and external trade events (including weekends).
- Assist with training of new Covetrus team members as required.
This is a territory-based role based along the M4 corridor and South, however from time to time you will be required to attend trade shows, training courses, away days and team meetings, company customer facing events
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work-related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments
- Experience of convincing SME business owners to invest in new or replacement technology with order values of £20,000 per deal
- Trained in use of needs analysis (business case & ROI based), IT or Telecoms solutions sales.
- Strong negotiation skills, to defend margin erosion.
- Demonstrable track record of meet & exceeding targets.
- Previous experience in the Veterinary profession is ideal, but not essential.
Good general education, preferably degree level
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Determined but flexible approach
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy essential.
- High levels of personal motivation.Working as long as it takes to get the job done.
- Exude a team ethos, whilst operating as an individual.
- Knowledge of the healthcare market, particularly veterinary would be helpful.
- Commercial awareness and experience of working with personnel from a professional environment.
In return we offer a competitive salary, company car, together with a benefits package.