Excellent opportunity to join LGIM as a Client Service Team Leader here in Hove. The Client Service Team Leader will lead a team of cleint Service executives, supporting LGIM’s client’s across all aspects of their client journey lifecycle by providing efficient and effective administration and operational servicing to deliver a positive client experience.
What you'll be doing
As Team Leader you will be overseeing the provision of the following function:
- To provide an efficient and effective administration and operational service to support LGIM’s Institutional clients across all aspects of a client’s journey, including but not limited to, account set up and readiness, on-going servicing requirements, mandate change, client data governance, management of client documentation and resolution of both internal and external enquiries
To achieve this we hope that you can:
- Implement and operate an effective pipeline and capacity management framework to ensure that team resource is applied and utilised effectively and efficiently. This should be communicated through team metrics and MI data, both on a historic and forward looking basis.
- Conduct monthly 1:2:1 meetings and performance appraisals with your reports, managing performance and team contribution levels as appropriate
- Focus on the professional and personal development of team members, implementing a tailored training and development framework where necessary
- Ensure that your direct reports adhere to business processes and procedures with a view to minimising risk and reducing error, thus optimising team governance and control
- Ensure that your direct reports adhere to business processes and procedures with a view to minimising risk and reducing error, thus optimising team governance and controls
- Continually seek to identify opportunities for further process efficiency and improvement, evolving the team control environment, service delivery capability and consequently the client’s service experience.
- Own ‘staff issues’ and manage these to a satisfactory outcome. Quickly identify and management performance shortfalls, but also advocate where necessary on behalf of the team
- Hold regular team meetings as a forum for communication and knowledge transfer across the team; seek to maintain and increase staff motivation, engagement and morale
- Provide regular updates to your line manager on the performance of the team and any key issues/successes or developments relating to the management of segregated and bespoke pooled fund client work
What we're looking for
- Worked with or had exposure to external financial services clients and , ideally, , asset management clients (greater than £10m in size) or pension funds/insurance companies.
- Worked with financial services intermediaries such as Investment Consultants (e.g. Mercer)
- Basic understanding of the investment management landscape
- Experience of providing administrative and/or operational support to a team with a demonstrable ability to apply procedures and an awareness of operational risk in the institutional client arena..
- Strong remediation experience.
- Demonstrable track record of providing excellent service support within a team and wider business context.
- Experience of managing and leading a high-performing team within a dynamic and fast-paced business environment
- Experience in training.
- Be able to show a history if continued process improvement within current role.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
LGIM is the investment management arm of Legal & General Group, a FTSE 100 company. We are one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor, with assets under management of £1.1tn* (as at 30 June 2019). Our success has been built by focusing on clients and providing them with services and solutions that meet their needs. We offer strategies across the full spectrum of asset classes, including equities, bonds, property, alternatives and cash, as well as multi-asset strategies tailored to the needs of institutional and retail investors.
*LGIM internal data as at 30 June 2019, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor.
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.