Currie & Brown is currently looking for a project manager at senior or associate level, with a building services and/or process engineering bias, to work as part of our London team.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Planning, leading and managing the project team to ensure an integrated, sustainable and effective solution is developed that meets the requirements defined within the brief and benefits defined in the business case
- Establishing a strong working relationship with key stakeholders and ensuring that all user requirements are captured and approvals are in place to meet schedule dates
- Understanding regulatory requirements
- Providing end-to-end project execution and management, ensuring clear goals, roles and deliverables are well defined and achieved
- Undertaking responsibility for the safety of everyone involved in the project
- Ensuring the integration of design, development, construction delivery, commissioning and process requirements are achieved using the subject matter experts in the team
- Acting as the NEC project manager and contract administrator for the building contract
- Leading and accurately recording project pre-start, progress and handover meetings, managing the change control process using a pre-agreed client process and successfully managing the project through to handover and completion
- Undertaking the reporting of project cost, programme, health and safety, and performance using project controls and reporting tools
- Ensuring that the project deliverables are achieved and able to be tested, commissioned and handed into operation in accordance with client requirements
- Ensuring post-project reviews are completed and any learning/benefits realisation are captured appropriately
- BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng or equivalent academic achievement in an appropriate discipline (eg construction, engineering or similar)
- Accredited to a relevant professional body, eg CIBSE, IMechE, MIET, IChemE
- Professional project management certification, eg MRICS, MAPM, ChPP
- Experience of working with pharmaceutical and life sciences clients and/or government organisations
- Experience of working in industrial manufacturing facilities and environments (cGMP) is desirable, but not essential
- Experience of working in high containment facilities and environments (SAPO/ACDP) is desirable, but not essential
- Experience in the management and successful delivery of CVQ activities is desirable, but not essential
- Experience of NEC contract administration using strong commercial and contractual management
- Experience in a range of capital/revenue projects with a clear understanding of project management, particularly Association for Project Management (APM) processes and methodologies
- Proven track record in planning, implementation and delivery of complex projects, within a live operational environment, with multiple stakeholder interfaces
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, polite, patient, diplomatic, respectful and flexible
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Currie & Brown is an equal opportunity employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Currie & Brown UK is also proud to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, which represents a promise by the company that those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly.