We currently seeking Community Support Workers throughout Caerphilly and the surrounding areas (Monmouth, Usk, Raglan, Abergavenny, Risca, Crumlin, Blackwood, Crosskeys, Wattsville) to help provide care and support to elderly and vulnerable adults within their own homes.
Our quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do, if you feel you can make a real difference please apply today!
About the role:
We have a variety of hours available to suit your lifestyle (days, evenings, and weekends) with guaranteed contractual hours.
Hours available between 7.00am to 3.00pm and 3.00pm to 11.00pm, to be allocated maximum contractual hours you will need to cover every other weekend or 1 day each weekend.
You will make calls to service users throughout your shift and must be prepared to travel within the service catchment area.
· Prompting/Support with personal care and dressing (which could include assistance with intimate personal care).
· Support with light household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning, meal preparation.
· Assisting with medication – this could be collecting prescriptions, prompting, or administering medication.
· Accompanying to medical appointments if needed.
· General companionship.
· Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
· A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support.
· Good understanding of assisting those who have mobility or continence needs using the appropriate aids and equipment.
What we offer:
· Refer a Friend Scheme.
· Flexible Working.
· Free Training & QCF Qualifications.
· Paid induction training with ongoing development.
· Enhanced Bank Holiday rates.
· Paid travel time and mileage contribution.
· Initial salary will be based on National Minimum Wage (relevant for age), salary increases will be applicable on grading within My Care My Home’s criteria system.
Do I need previous experience…?
· We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable.
· This role requires working with vulnerable individuals as well as delivering personal care and support. Your employment will therefore be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and an Enhanced Disclosure & Baring Service Check.
A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle with 'business use' car insurance is essential to undertake this role.