At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology.
The Account Director is accountable for overall account ownership, developing executive relationships, leading an extended account team and growing bookings and revenue through strategic initiatives, whilst ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction at one of Cadence's key partners. You will lead and coordinate the account across the Global Field Organization, business units and executive management team, orchestrating all around a single, clearly articulated, medium- and long-term account plan.
There is a significant amount of business development work, creating value for both the customer ecosystem and for Cadence, which is not a direct revenue stream. This is a key part of the role and will be managed by objectives and key results. There is also a key responsibility in growing the footprint of Cadence in the account, which is revenue bearing.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Overall account leadership
- Formulate, lead and execute on a robust strategy to align customer requirements with Cadence objectives, seeking a win- win outcome for both parties, in mid and long term.
- Encourage innovation and entrepreneurial spirit among the Global Account team and constantly identify new business winning opportunities and breakthrough initiatives.
- Ensure the alignment of virtual/global account team to deliver strategic business outcomes to the customer; leverage support organizations including marketing, business units, partners and channels to optimize the ecosystem and any potential business in the account.
- Work strategically to understand the customer's business, provide them with new and different ways to push their thinking and provide market differentiation; all with a true challenger mindset
- Develop long term C-level relationships, create and manage a strong customer governance model and ensure that the assigned executive sponsor is appropriately engaged
- Lead integrated account planning and ensure the Cadence footprint is expanded with involvement of all relevant lines of business and strategic engagement with customers
- Ensure operational excellence, set up rigorous and effective operating procedures, enable tools and performance management
- Act as Cadence ambassador and build positive image across the customer and throughout the customer ecosystem, at all levels.
Professional Experience / QualificationsYou will have extensive experience building and leading high performing teams, and supporting the career development of more junior members of the organization. You must have large account, or global account management experience with a technology background. You are a resilient, experienced, assertive and an inclusive leader who demonstrates the ability to confidently drive growth and have the ability to turn around the business when facing challenges, obstacles, as well as with a background in a large organization within a matrixed environment.In summary, you have:
- Demonstrable business experience in business development, Sales or Consulting (outcome-based thinking for clients) with building complex technology/solutions
- Strategic account management experience / leading multifunctional account teams
- Experience managing global and regional accounts
- Strong knowledge of contracts and experience of the semiconductor market and/ or associated markets
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including an ability to influence at all levels, you demonstrate a clear understanding of the key players and influencers
- Exceptional communication skills and relationship building at C levelWe are looking for a strategic thinker with a high degree of creativity and innovation and who can provide demonstrable examples of this. You have good self-awareness, a growth mindset, maturity, irreproachable integrity and are proactive and challenging. Lastly you have to be fluent in English at business level.
We're doing work that matters. Help us solve what others can't.
Cadence plays a critical role in creating the technologies that modern life depends on. We are a global electronic design automation company, providing software, hardware, and intellectual property to design advanced semiconductor chips that enable our customers create revolutionary products and experiences.
Thanks to the outstanding caliber of the Cadence team and the empowering culture that we have cultivated for over 25 years, Cadence continues to be recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. ?Our shared passion for solving the world's toughest technical challenges, our dedication to pushing the limits of the industry, and our drive to do meaningful work differentiates the people of Cadence.
Cadence is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other protected class.