Acheson & Acheson are industry leaders in the creation, development and manufacture of premium beauty products for highly respected international retailers and global brands. With a reputation founded on outstanding products created by exceptional people, the Company is part of The Hut Group, an extraordinarily fast-growing online retailer with global ambitions.
Acheson & Acheson currently employs around 600 employees across 5 sites on the Wiltshire/Somerset borders, and are now looking to recruit a Head of People to lead all elements of the People function as part of the Senior Management Team.
The Head of People will lead the development and implementation of the Company’s HR strategy, in line with Company and Group objectives, enabling the Company to meet ambitious growth targets whilst creating an outstanding employee experience. This is a role for an innovative thinker who can translate HR strategy into practical plans and deliver effective results.
- Providing clear and inspirational leadership to an established HR team, driving best practice throughout the full employee life cycle
- Delivering support and consultation across the business on employment issues, drawing on strong working knowledge of employment law
- Leading the strong employee developmental focus within the business; building on existing learning & develop strategy to maximise the potential of all current staff; identifying, selecting and developing external talent
- Spearheading effective and creative employee engagement initiatives that align with the Company’s values and aspirations, whilst championing the Company culture
- Using strong analytical, numerical and IT skills, analyse and interpret statistical data; review management information in all HR areas, identifying trends/variances and making commercial recommendations to the Company Directors
- Effectively coaching and mentoring at appropriate level across the business
- Previous experience in a similar level role, and of leading an HR team
- CIPD qualified, or possessing alternative relevant professional or other experience which demonstrate an ability to deliver high performance in the role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Proven success in a fast-paced and growing business, with experience in managing change and working to tight deadlines
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate primarily operational HR skills
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Employee discounts