Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement.
Our Customer Service team forms a direct link between the business and Dyson owners. It helps ensure our owners have the best possible experience using our technology. Owner experience is everything to us. It helps strengthen our reputation and drives advocacy. The team are technology experts, trained to give specialist advice and guidance to solve real problems for people in real time.
As a Virtual Service Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading, developing and motivating a team of Virtual Service Engineers (VSEs) based within a given region in the UK.
Managing a team of such experts needs a special kind of leader. We’re looking for a talented people-focused individual that will demonstrate true people leadership, taking accountability for the end to end performance and drive continual improvement of their team and our owner experience.
About the role
- Coach and develop a team of VSEs to deliver an exceptional owner experience and deliver against their personal and business objectives
- Build a team of highly capable, high performing VSE’s, expert within all aspects of their role and consistently delivering against their numbers
- Ensure support and personal development is prioritised and championed within the team through personal development and career conversations
- Build and maintain a team environment centred on empowerment, decision making and ownership
- Deliver ongoing performance improvement through effective 121s and coaching, in line with established Dyson models and best practice
- Manage under-performance and High performers accordingly, within the ‘What and How’ to successful and positive outcomes for both Engineers and Dyson
- Engage with and ensure compliance with Dyson HR policies and approach
- Deliver and achieve department targets, striving for world-class and excellence always.
- Seek and recommend opportunities for efficiency, performance or customer experience improvements across the National Virtual Service team
- Play a proactive part in the wider Management team and with your peers, with a can-do and collaborative approach
- Develop and support the department vision and strategy, aligning with Dyson’s blueprint with a focus on continuous improvement
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to change, be resilient and act as a role model to colleagues and peers across Dyson
- An experienced people leader with strong coaching skills
- Previous experience in leading a remote team, preferably with a technical or engineering focus
- Ability to build strong working relationships with people at all levels
- Open to new ways of working whilst embracing exciting new technology
- IT literate with confidence with Microsoft office applications and Excel
- Exceptional communication skills, with strong influencing and negotiation skills
- A natural problem solver with great attention to detail, confident with analytical tasks
- Organisational and planning ability
- Experience in working in a sales or target driven environment
- Great interpersonal skills and faultless time-management
- Solutions orientated and an excellent team-player
- Enthusiastic, creative, innovative and collaborative in your approach to problem solving
- Self-starter, and strong sense of initiative
Our opening hours are between 8am - 8pm weekdays, and 8am - 6pm over the weekends. You'll work a 39 hour per week shift pattern based on these opening hours.
This is a remote role, responsible for the line management of a team of remote workers but you'll need flexibility to travel to Malmesbury for wider team meetings.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Work from home
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.