We are currentlyseeking a Stations DesignManager
tolead the development of new station and station upgrade projects in terms ofstation appearance, operation and design integration. The successful candidateshould also have significant Bid leadership experience and established clientrelationships. About Arcadis
At Arcadis, wenever lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects andprogrammes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spacesthat bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focusedon making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a bigchallenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliveron their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainablerelationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiencesavailable to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goalamongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together andapplying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering,project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients'most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today andtomorrow.
The railway sector is one of our coremarkets, a position it has held throughout our history. We pride ourselves ondelivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure design andconstruction schemes. About TheTeam:
The Rail North East business based in Yorkand covering Network Rail's Eastern Region including Anglia is growing off theback of recent wins. We're delivering a multitude of projects for clientsincluding Network Rail, Nexus, Tier one Contractors and Local Authorities aswell as supporting other parts of the UK business to deliver HS2, Crossrail andother Network Rail Frameworks. Job Summary:
Reporting to the Headof Stations, the role comprises the development of station designs from earlyfeasibility through to construction support and hand back. We would expect thesuccessful candidate to work with project teams comprising Architect partners andour multi-disciplinary engineering teams to produce market leading stationdesigns.
A key part of therole would be the technical leadership of tenders and also the identificationof future station opportunities to grow Arcadis' stations portfolio nationally.
The role will bebased in the Rail North East Business which has offices in York, however the abilityto travel throughout the UK is required as the role could also contribute tothe leadership of station projects nationwide. Naturally in the Post Covid-19world we envisage and support our employees to adopt a mix of office based andhome-based working but the role would require the successful candidate to be inYork for a minimum of 5 days a month. Role Responsibilities:
The main functionof this role is to utilise the resource of the Rail North East Business Group,the Arcadis Stations Hub (virtual UK team), the wider Arcadis business and anestablished supply chain to win and deliver major station projects onprogrammes of work such as HS2, NPR, Network Rail, Contractors and Developersand also to support and expand the north east station portfolio. Management:
- ProvideLine Management duties to the existing team members and develop individualsthrough mentoring
- Developthe Rail NE and UK Station Hub team capabilities through recruitment (internaland external) and mentoring
Prospect Pipeline - Market Awareness:
- Plan& Manage the successful delivery of designated Station Projects
- Providetechnical leadership to station project teams
- Workcollaboratively with the Client, the project team and Project Director to leaddesign development of major station projects
- Assessthe competence of proposed project team members
- FulfilDesign Manager and station technical lead roles on projects
- You will work in collaboration with other designdisciplines in Common Data Environments and acquire the knowledge and practicalskills through on-the-job learning and develop industry knowledge thoughaffiliations and continuing education
- Identifytargets for growing project portfolio in conjunction with management team andreview progress regularly with the management team.
- CoordinatePipeline & Prospects in coordination with our Market to Opportunity andPursuits to Win Director.
- Attendclient business development events and meetings
- Assistin the leadership of proposal production - EoI, PQQ and Tenders
- Develop& maintain productive and trusted relationships with clients;
- Inviteclient feedback at every opportunity and feedback to business
- Developand manage our North East business Station Architect Partner capabilities andagree project strategy in relation to partnering and building a winning team
- Identifyand develop a virtual team of specialists from both internal and externalresource to develop stations projects
- EstablishKey contact relationships with designated leads from each of the contributing Arcadisdisciplines, informing on pipeline and where skills may need to be strengthened
- Inconjunction with the Rail NE business and UK Stations Hub develop a trustedsupply chain of sub-consultants where in-house expertise does not exist
- Workwith our Netherlands based Stations Centre of Excellence to develop andimplement best practice in stations design
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build thecareer that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations,their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll takethe time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, andprovide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to acompetitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunitiesfor career development and being part of a sociable community. We have aperformance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Otherbenefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body,employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holidayscheme.
We believe that by workingtogether diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovativeideas. Equality,diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life andwe work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age,Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Qualifications Desired Skills/ Experience:
Advantageous Sills / Experience:
- Knowledgeof H&S legislation, CDM requirements, Safe by Design principles and Railwaysafety to an appropriate level for this stage of work.
- Goodinterpersonal & communication skills and aligning to the corporate
- Goodknowledge and understanding of the requirements necessary to develop andprogress projects through the early stages of the lifecycle - GRIP and RIBA
- Demonstrableexperience of leading the design development of major station projects
- TechnicalKnowledge to be able to challenge project teams on outputs/deliverables andalso where necessary, client to ensure focus is maintained on defined scope orwhere scope needs to be modified, renegotiate and agree.
- Demonstrableexperience of operating in senior project roles
- Goodunderstanding of fee costs to deliver projects at the various early stages
- GoodReport production skills
- Degreeor equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Charteredmembership of a relevant professional body is essential.
- Experience ofworking in and leading multidisciplinary design teams.
- Design & Build experience
- An Architecturalbackground including the development of station designs would be advantageous