We are currently working with Ennismore, a high growth global hospitality brand, who are looking for a European Hotels FD as they continue to grow their portfolio.
Overseeing an expanding hotel portfolio you'll be part of the European leadership team focused on driving performance in the hotels. Working closely with the Global Hotel Finance Director you will monitor and manage financial reporting, oversee budgeting and forecasting, ensure Ennismore meet compliance and regulatory standards for each of the properties and create a best in class finance function.
What you'll do...
- Participate fully as a member of the Europe management team, playing a wider role than purely the functional one, actively supporting the team in identifying and developing strategic options and plans which will allow the business to maximise its revenue and profit.
- Ensure strong Financial Management within a robust control environment
- Take ultimate responsibility for accurate accounting records for the Europe hotels
- Ensure the group’s financial controls policies are adhered to and support the ongoing development of finance systems, policies and procedures
- Manage the finance relationship with operations ensuring that an excellent service is provided through quality input
- Oversee statutory compliance for all hotel entities in their respective regions
- Provide focussed, innovative and value-adding management reporting and analysis
- Deliver high quality management information and performance measurements that are accurate, meaningful and relevant
- Ensure reporting that incorporates benchmarking, identification and measurement of key performance indicators and use of balanced scorecard.
- Taking overall responsibility for the planning and execution of pre-opening tasks relating to finance matters
- Optimise and develop systems to improve efficiency and information
- Ensure training takes place for users; challenge processes to eliminate non-value adding tasks
- Lead the planning and forecasting process for Europe and ensure that financial plans are consistent with the strategic objectives
- Manage the formulation, review and approval process for budgeting and forecasting for Europe
- Lead, develop and inspire a high-performance finance team
- Prepare a strategy for succession to support career planning
- Develop effectiveness of the finance function through continuous training and development of the team
- Lead and motivate the team to high levels of performance
What we're looking for...
- Technically skilled with a good understanding of best practice in hotel operations and familiarity with standard hotel systems you will have a strong background in hotels, bars and restaurants across multiple sites with new opening experience
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Able to demonstrate a track record of success, including the leadership and management skills necessary to oversee operational financial performance effectively
- Strong technical skill set including a sound knowledge of compliance requirements and hotel operations best practice
- A balance between a methodical and process-driven approach and flexibility and creativity when it comes to meeting deadlines and finding solutions
- A confident communicator, who can ‘translate’ financial information to non-finance people
£100-120k Salary depending on experience, plus benefits including bonus