We are looking for someone with experience in Capture / Pursuit Management who thrives on working in an active, fast-paced environment to challenging deadlines. You must be self-motivated and able to work to demanding deadlines, managing competing stakeholder demands.
The Capture Director will be accountable for winning a specific business opportunity and will provide the leadership to the bid team through to award of the contract. They will:
- define the customer engagement management strategy and engage senior company executives in contact activity as required
- personally engage with customers and stakeholders to understand their issues, concerns, and hot buttons
- build and lead a core bid team that brings relevant expertise and capabilities and actively drive them to achieve bid milestones within budget and schedule
- assemble an industry team that compliments Leidos capabilities to both win the opportunity and ensure execution of the program
- work with the Bid Director to plan, appropriately tailor, and use relevant processes throughout the bid, ensuring that there is a process in place that develops a high quality proposal in a timely manner with checks on the development of content.
- lead the development of winning strategies that differentiate us , are competitively focused and are compelling to the client and their requirements, as well as satisfy internal business objectives and risk posture
- develop the business case for continuing to pursue and bidding for the opportunity including bid budget
- lead internal stakeholder management and keep the senior leadership teams informed and engaged including timely escalation of issues needing resolution
- work with the bid and proposal team to ensure win themes, hot buttons, and evaluation criteria are properly addressed across all proposal elements
- lead any post-submission activities and support the program team as required, ensuring smooth hand over to the project manager
Our ideal candidate must:
- have a proven track record over at least 5 years working as a Capture Manager / Pursuit Lead in UK Public Sector winning complex services opportunities of greater than £25M
- be capable of developing and maintaining senior stakeholder relationships internally and with customers and industry partners
- experience working on £25m + deals all the way up to large hundreds of millions
- exceptional leadership, management, and communication skills
- Proven effective in working across organisational boundaries (e.g. between corporate divisions and/or multi-nationally based divisions)
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to work at the strategic and big picture level
- Sound commercial acumen and ability to build a compelling business case
- Ability to manage to a challenging deadline
- Ability to travel/ be deployed across the UK for several months at a time
- Previous experience of the bid teams working across multiple sites
- Project management skills including ability to schedule and effectively time manage
External Referral Bonus:-
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500®information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
REQNUMBER: R-00039589 All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.