Responsibilities of the Internal Communications Manager
Skills/Qualities/ Experience required
- Create, implement and manage a proactive internal communications strategy.
- Write/create/produce regular content that informs, engages and motivates all employees and encourages feedback.
- Work closely with HR on a daily basis to ensure their latest news, announcements and developments are communicated professionally and in a timely manner.
- Build and sustain good working relationships with all Head of Departments and Offices. Gather news from all of them in ways that are consistently effective and structured.
- Be unafraid to interview, engage and challenge others' points of view to produce the best possible insights and outcomes.
- Be committed to integrity in everything and best practice approaches, tools and storytelling techniques using a variety of mediums.
- Produce regular updates for HR and other senior management, as well as employees, which highlight IC's effectiveness.
- Ensure all content is measurable and be able to evaluate it using the appropriate tools and analytics.
- Set up and manage all IC communications channels and major employee events, online and in-person: kick-off events, CEO/management briefings, and others.
- Identify and resolve major employee/departmental email communication bottlenecks/problems by creating/advising/educating on efficient email best practice.
- Ensure all communications channels enable employees to have a voice and say. Create feedback mechanisms and approaches that encourage everybody to feel confident to share their feedback honestly and constructively.
- Create and manage a content calendar.
- Responsible for proposing and managing an IC budget, including for investment in tools, apps and other resources/services.
- Ensure effective mechanisms are in place to relay urgent news as well as for crisis communications.
- Must have an outstanding command of the English language.
- Candidate must have at least three years' experience working in an Internal Communications role.
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills, including the ability to source and craft stories from Heads of Departments, Offices and other employees.
- Track record in developing and delivering effective Internal Communications strategies, campaigns and content based on insight and evidence-based research.
- Proven as a creative, professional storyteller for companies.
- Experienced in giving presentations to staff and able to advise Heads of Departments on their IC needs.
- Able to develop rapport, trust and great working relationships with all colleagues in a multicultural, multinational work environment.
- Strategic thinker and content planner.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google applications, as well as IC channels and tools.
- Experience of working in fast-growing, multinational environments and adept in managing organisational change.
- In a clear, concise way evaluate, write, produce (format) and deliver information, news and insights that engages employees.
- Adept in managing your deadlines and producing outcomes, as well as keeping informed of the company's business developments and priorities.
- Will have worked in the financial services industry (or other regulated industry).
The business we are partnering with is a friendly and fast-growing retail financial services company whose focus and priority is to deliver excellence to its clients through best practice processes and values.
As the Internal Communications Manager, you will lead the creation and management of a dedicated, exciting Internal Communications (IC) resource that helps to foster a culture of excellence throughout our company. Your IC's mission will be to engage, inform and motivate their multinational employees across several offices and locations, and give them a voice in our news and developments.What is on offer to the candidate?
A competitive salary and benefits package will be on offer to the successful incumbent as well as a relocation package if the candidate does not live in Cyprus.