Hertfordshire Care Providers Association (HCPA) are currently recruiting for an Adult Social Care Leadership Trainer
This is an exciting position for you to extend your leadership in care and training skills
It is essential that you:
Has passion and enthusiasm to raise the standard of quality of care
Has a Leadership in Care background
Has experience in the adult teaching arena
Has experience in teaching leadership and management
Has Adult and Social Care background
Has credibility with teaching senior management staff
Has a minimum of the Level 3 Award In Education and Training (previously PTLLS)
Hertfordshire Care Providers Association (HCPA) is a unique company set up to support adult care providers within Hertfordshire to raise quality standards of care. Support is given to our members via funded training and providing information and guidance. We also provide additional services and projects such as recruitment, an independent feedback service, and community education. Our team is dedicated to work hard to improve residents’ lives by providing high quality education and training to providers and we are looking for suitable candidates to share our passion and help us achieve our mission.
Why work for HCPA?
£30,000 per year (12-month renewable contract)
Full time (40 hours per week working 8.30am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
Working from modern HCPA Office in Welwyn Garden City
Travel expenses paid when working offsite
Herts Rewards and Herts Care Academy Benefits
Pension and Sickness Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
36 days holiday (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
Friendly and supportive team
Annual Care Awards
Team building days and team events
What does the role of Leadership Trainer involve?
- Work with the strategic management to understand the needs of learners and create and implement development plans to address both short- and long-term requirements with a focus on addressing any skills gaps and meeting the needs of our members.
- Design, prepare and deliver care and leadership level training courses to meet observation requirements including Ofsted
- Learn all current courses within the HCPA offer and deliver these to HCPA standards with passion and enthusiasm
- Act as an assessor and verifier and support learners to complete coursework
- Take responsibility of own learners by guiding them through the training end ensure timely assessing of coursework
- Provide reports on assessment and completion rates
- Deliver courses linked to on-going development programmes
- Deliver Train the Trainer type courses and qualifications
- Support providers who require tailored solutions to training staff
- Be responsible for feeding Education Department data into the development and implementation of HCPA’s ‘Matrix’ and ‘Endorsement’ action plans utilising the feedback from our recent programmes.
- Attend task and finish groups to develop and implement the Hertfordshire strategy including for Qualified Practitioners (Nurses), Apprentices and Practitioners working towards leadership qualifications.
- Work with members on provider resilience
- Plan and deliver manager forums
- Provide reports to the strategic lead on evaluation, quality, return on investment and impact on L&D strategy of existing and proposed training interventions.
- Work with the team to ensure all training is planned, booked, communicated and recorded efficiently.
- Work with the Quality Team to ensure all courses are mapped to appropriate qualifications and standards and manage all quality assurance within the department.
- Undertake CPD events as directed
- Hold key accountability and write up project reports and add input to tenders
Am I the right person for the job?
- Has completed a Certificate in Education and Training, or a minimum of Award in Education and Training
- Own transport with insurance for business use is essential for this role as travel around Hertfordshire may be required
- Previous experience of training within a health and social care setting
- Experience in working within the Health & Social Care Sector at Senior Leadership level
- Excellent communication skills both written, IT and verbal
- Proven experience in providing quality assurance systems and processes
- Be excellent at autonomous research and have proven leadership experience
- Adaptable - training may be within the HCPA training centre, and may also be courses which need to be delivered at a client’s site or alternative venues. These may not always be ideal venues for teaching and may require adaptability
If you are interested in this position please apply today and we will be in contact shortly to discuss your application
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90626775