VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Why work for our Division?
The Enterprise sales organisation focuses across industry sectors working with key customers looking to adopt virtualization and cloud technologies to transform IT capabilities and modernise. With a proven track record in virtualization and cloud technologies and services, honed over 20 years of delivering best in class solutions to the Enterprise sector, VMware is ideally placed to be a leading vendor in Enterprise IT, digital and cloud transformation. VMWare solutions for digital transformation already command a leading market share.
Our business is growing and we are looking for individuals who seek out opportunities to help us scale. You will work across industry sectors and enterprise customers at the CIO, IT Director and CISO level, as well as with technical staff within the security and IT organisation.
It’s all about establishing strong business relationships at the executive level, conducting sales presentations, coordinating multiple resources within an account to drive net new business and help customers expand and use VMware’s solution as a platform within an account to realise and add value.
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while managing a diverse set of partners within the same accounts
- Work alongside the internal and external sales team driven to a common goal within a set number of named Fortune 500 accounts
- Sell the complete VMware solution, products, and services within a list of 6-10 geographically focused Named Accounts and global account structures in the UK
- Understand and can anticipate customer needs to effectively articulates the VMware value proposition and creative solutions
- Working with Sales Management to meet and exceed your sales targets
- Work with System Engineers to prepare account strategies and plans
- Develop sales strategies to penetrate new accounts
- Work with Marketing and other departments to further company’s strategy
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and return on investment
- Provide accurate weekly sales forecasts
- Direct interaction with and development of large customer opportunities / accounts
- Providing customer feedback to Sales, Technical and Marketing Management
- Deliver strong operational excellence, to include forecast accuracy, SFDC pipeline development, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitive positioning in the marketplace
- Provide pertinent feedback to management and all levels on customer challenges and possible solutions
- Proven years of experience in business development and business strategy
- Consistent track record of successful business development in a highly competitive environment
- Undergraduate technical degree or equivalent experience desirable, not essential
- Display the ability to communicate complex topics to an audience who may possess limited functional/technical knowledge
- Ability to mentor others in a specialty or discipline, develop others through discussion and debate of innovative ideas
- Ability to travel min 50% and across the UK
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.