In Commercial Transformation we pride ourselves on making our business the best it can be, a place where people love to work and shop. As one of the most dynamic areas of Sainsbury's we deliver truly transformational initiatives in a fast-moving multi-brand, multi-channel business.
You will be working as part of the Commercial Learning team building solutions that are tailored to deliver business priorities at pace, from formal learning programmes such as our Commercial Academy, to transformational systems and process training/performance support. We're a diverse and passionate team focused on building a learning culture that creates a true competitive advantage. We work closely with our cross-functional colleagues to get under the skin of business performance needs - and we take an agile approach to quickly make an impact.
As a Learning Solutions Developer on an 8-month fixed-term contract, you'll help us in supporting people to develop and perform effectively in their roles by developing and curating a wide variety of effective resources and innovative, engaging learning experiences dependent upon the performance challenge.
We're looking for someone who can work flexibly to produce a range of engaging content (including videos, podcasts, infographics and eLearnings) that will help our teams to develop. We'd like you to assist us in finding the right learning solutions for specific business needs. The base location for this role will be in one of our shared service centres in London, Milton Keynes or Coventry.
More about the role:
- Work closely with the Commercial Learning team and business stakeholders to understand current and ongoing business performance challenges and how these can be addressed with learning and performance support solutions
- Develop and/or curate a wide range of learning resources and experiences (digital, print etc.) in partnership with intended end users and the wider Commercial Learning team, taking account of existing solutions, business and technological practicalities
- Pilot, trial and test solutions with end users and in platforms, iterating and re-developing to ensure they are fit for purpose and work as intended
- Support the Learning team and business stakeholders to launch/communicate new learning solutions and validate performance improvement outcomes using different evaluation techniques
- Ensure all learning and development principles and processes are adhered to, whilst prioritising own workload to ensure projects are delivered on time and in line with project plans
- Work effectively with third party providers to collaboratively develop learning solutions, when required
- Maintain a clear focus on personal professional development, to ensure Sainsbury's learning solutions are leading edge
More about you:
- Good understanding of the theoretical principles that underpin the design of great learning resources and experiences including 5di, user-centred design, the psychology of how people learn, agile and accessibility
- Substantial experience of designing creative learning resources and experiences that are informed by a sound understanding of how people learn
- Demonstrable experience of developing and editing/re-developing learning resources (checklists, guides, decision trees, FAQs, quick start guides, "how tos", toolkits etc.) that effectively support performance at the point of need and/or
- Demonstrable experience of developing and editing/re-developing learning experiences (immersive scenarios, assessments, observations, simulations, workshops, action learning groups etc.) that challenge attitudes, stimulate behaviour change and enable practice to support skill development
- Confident developing materials for multiple delivery platforms and resilient in the face of the daily challenges posed by technologies (Learning Management Systems and Learning Experience Platforms, WebEx, Skype, Yammer, Teams, SharePoint, web pages, apps, AI recommendation engines etc.)
- Good technical capability with a range of software e.g. Articulate Storyline 360 & Rise, Adapt, Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office,
- Ability to develop materials in a range of formats and for a range of delivery modes which may include SCORM and xAPI, webinars, face to face events, podcasts, print, videos, micro-learning etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure; effectively handle tight deadlines, ambiguity, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities