Our Client are the North West’s most established retail and furniture hire company with over 30 years’ experience in the furniture industry. They have branches in Harlow, Manchester, Saltney, Chester and Hull with plans to open further units nationwide.UK. Their client list is vast, and they regularly provide furniture for major sporting events, TV shows, festivals, international conferences, banquets and weddings, alongside E: commerce sales and regular footfall to the showrooms.
Responsibilities for the Accounts Assistant role include:
- Maintaining the PO system (Raising PO’s, Chasing Delivery / collection notes and ensuring approval process is adhered to).
- Receiving, coding and recording of purchase invoices on a day to day basis
- Dealing with supplier requests for payment
- Filing and scanning supplier invoices
- Sending out supplier remittances.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Preparation of monthly/ weekly payments run.
- Daily banking and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Posting / reconciling of PayPal / Card receipts to customer accounts (Online sales)
- Reconciliation of cash book and bank accounts/ Mortgage statements
- Updating and maintaining the sales ledger
- Raising inter-company sales invoices
- Posting of Sales Invoices
- Assist the Credit Controller with Cash / credit activities
- Assist the Manager with weekly and monthly Payroll and Pension processing
- Collect and enter payroll data into payroll software according to weekly/ monthly deadlines.
- Consideration of Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Sick Pay and Statutory Paternity Pay, Furlough pay etc.
- Implementation and administration of Auto-Enrolment and pensions.
- To maintain awareness of, and ability to, changes in legislation affecting payroll processing and PAYE in general.
- Effective Communication with HMRC and Employees
- Assist the manager with the creation and maintenance of weekly and monthly payroll, tax year ends, P60, P45, P32, deliver RTI compliance and liaising with HMRC
- Liaising with staff, Personnel and management on pay related queries
- On boarding / Off boarding of employees on Sage Payroll
- Transpose/ checking data from CS Time to Sage Payroll
- Monthly reporting to manager.
- Assist the Finance Manager with month end tasks
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the implementation of a CRM solutions software for the sales team
- Supporting the other office team members with administrative duties (Inc. Stationary order for the Accounts Team)
Skills and Experience
- 3 years working in an Accounts Assistant / similar role. (Demonstrate relevant transactional finance experience).
- At least AAT Qualified (Or in final stages of study)
- Fully proficient in using SAGE 50 Accounts / SAGE Payroll/ Knowledge of Pensions and the furlough scheme.
- IT literate and good Excel skills (Use of Pivot tables / VLOOKUP's)
- Good organisation skills needed to prioritise workload at busy times
- Positive outlook, approachable and a team player
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90692067