OneOcean is the global leader in integrated digital navigation and voyage compliance and offers the largest range of navigation and compliance solutions into the maritime sector.
Our market-leading solutions help clients improve the cost-efficiency of ship operations, the situational awareness of their crews, managers and owners and assist them with ever-growing compliance requirements.
OneOcean is headquartered in London, UK and operates globally, with offices in Greece, Canada, France, Japan, Malaysia, Norway, and Singapore.
The successful applicant will help research, develop and maintain our in-house database of maritime environmental regulations to increase market share and to answer technical enquiries. You will report to the Environmental Team Leader.
JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to the Team Leader to ensure the quality, accuracy and development of the ChartCo EnviroManager product, including: · Responsible for ensuring the quality, accuracy and development of EnviroManager. · Quality & Assurance of all environmental regulations entered into the EnviroManager · Research, manage and maintain existing content to ensure it is up to date with the latest maritime environmental regulations · Monitor new and upcoming regulation changes · Analyze regulations, policies, guidance documents and data · Implement new regulations into the system · Prepare written documents and presentations to summarise and explain complex environmental regulations and policies. · Any other tasks associated with the above functions
- Applicants will have a maritime or environmental background, or other relevant experience (such as a related Degree or relevant shore-based experience).
- IT literate with commonly found office IT systems, particularly MS office packages.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lead and work as part of a team, but also able to work independently when required.
- Ability to absorb and interpret complex information.
- Able to pay extremely close attention to detail, specifically auditing accuracy of own work.
- • Applicants will need to show an understanding of the environmental regulatory requirements for ships, large yachts and ports around the world (for example, IMO MARPOL regulations), or the ability to rapidly familiarise themselves with it.
- • Able to plan and prioritise own workload.
- Competitive salary based on candidate skills and experience
- Group Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance cover based on 2x annual salary
- Company-funded cash plan scheme, designed to assist employees with dental, optical, physiotherapy, complementary therapies, specialist consultations, tests, chiropody, health screening costs and more.
- Employee Assistance Programme through Legal & General