BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. Our 65,000 associates around the world are all committed to creating and delivering high quality products that will be used to help save lives.
About the role
We are now recruiting a Moulding Technician who is responsible for set-up and efficient running of moulds, moulding machines and ancillary equipment to meet quality standards and production targets as well as supporting the introduction of new or modified processes. You will also coordinate and provide technical support for the optimisation of Plastic Injection Mould tools and equipment to support high volume production.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support production and ensure that mould tools and ancillary equipment are running at optimal output.
- Participate in investigations into processing issues and provide necessary input to reduce waste and downtime.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide creative solutions within set parameters, processes and conditions.
- Identify and implement improvements to process, quality or cost effectiveness of the moulding operation.
- Carry out maintenance duties on moulds, moulding machines and ancillary equipment as specified within the Planned Maintenance guidelines.
- Be involved in conducting process trials and validation and provide the supporting documentation.
- Ensure that all internal procedures, GMP and ISO 13485 are adhered to throughout the process.
Your skills and background
You will have a strong knowledge of tooling and moulding from a manufacturing background. You will be a problem solver and creative in your solutions. You will be process driven and accustomed to following regulation. You will be computer literate with strong written and verbal communication skills. You will be a fast learner and be willing to take on new skills and responsibilities. You will be driven and have a hunger to achieve and work collaboratively to reach your goals.
Join us in advancing the world of health – please click on the APPLY button.
To find out about other opportunities, join our Talent Community:
Primary Work LocationGBR Swindon - Dorcan
Additional LocationsGBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate