At Glasswall, we are doing things a bit differently. Good different. And we’re not just talking about it; we’re walking the walk. The amount of learning, growth, progression, and positivity that we are experiencing right now makes me excited and privileged to be here and be part of our evolution.
We are on the hunt to add exceptional talent to our team. The next generation of talent who will be as excited as we are by modern thinking, ways of working and engineering practises. Visit our Engineering Blog to read up on some of the things we’re doing! New team and organisational structure, Wardley Maps, thinking in Graphs, are but a few. There’s a lot of cool things happening here coupled with incredible opportunities for learning, contribution, ownership, evolution and delivering world class products that genuinely make handling digital documents safer for all!
A big part of our culture is openness, transparency, and diversity. We are driving to publish more of our work to the wider community. Have closer engagement and collaboration with our customers and partners. We aim to find diverse and talented individuals, from all parts of the world, walks of life and previous industry experience. Bringing different perceptions to the work we do, we do it better!
The candidate would work in our SRE team. Interacting with the agile engineering team and the support team. Their main role is to ensure high availability of our cloud application. Given the nature of this role, candidates with strong software development and automation skills are required along with considerations of networking and infrastructure experience. The role will facilitate BAU and the team will provide production support and high-quality engineering.
Tech Stack: Python, Azure DevOps, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Redis, SQL, GitHub Actions, Datadog.
Duties and Responsibilities
A mix of engineering and operations to facilitate:
· High availability of our SaaS applications
· Monitoring of application and cloud infrastructure
· Emergency and incident response
· Capacity, performance, and scalability planning
· Development of new infrastructure and tooling
The role will report directly to SRE Team Lead
Key skills required
· Container management using Docker and Kubernetes
· Cloud infrastructure. like AWS, GCP or Azure.
· Strong software engineering principles
· Analytics / Telemetry
Knowledge and experience
· Understand the DevOps/SRE organisational culture.
· Experience with Microsoft’s Technology stack.
· Experience with IAC tools like Terraform / Ansible / Pulumi
· Monitoring and Logging – Datadog / Prometheus / Elastic Stack (ELK)
· Python, Go, Powershell, Bash
· Strong Azure or AWS knowledge
Salary and Benefits
· Glasswall offers a competitive salary and benefits package
· Some benefits include private health care, pension contribution, and our options programme
· We offer flexible and remote working options
· Salary for this role is from £40k
How to Apply
Please read our blog post on the job, complete the challenges, then apply here. Don't forget to include your GitHub repo with the submission content.
· Glasswall Engineering Blogs - https://medium.com/glasswall-engineering
· Glasswall SRE Site - https://sre.glasswallsolutions.com/
· Glasswall SRE Hiring Blog - https://medium.com/glasswall-engineering/want-to-be-an-sre-join-glasswall-a4b10ab94220