DOMICILIARY CARE JOB DESCRIPTION:
Purpose of Position:
• To enable and / or assist individuals to remain in the community, to be supported and maintained safely in their own homes and thereby enhance the quality of life.
• Encouraging your service user’s individuality and independence
•Helping your service user to maintain relationships with neighbours, the neighbourhood and familiar activities and surroundings, providing social contact, especially for service users who live alone
• Assisting other care workers and professionals to provide care for your service user
• Being the face of ‘care in the community’ and acting as our representative
1. To visit nominated Service Users, at times directed by the Care Coordinators and management.
. To be particularly vigilant for signs of distress or anxiety in Service Users; any deterioration in physical and /or mental health, or safety of the environment, and to report these as a matter of urgency to your manager or coordinator in her absence.
· To carry out all tasks in a way that demonstrates respect for the privacy, dignity and value of all users, irrespective of severity or disability or personal circumstances.
· To summon appropriate assistance in an emergency. All actions should sustain, support and enhance the independence of Service Users, as specified in their care plan.
. All duties to be undertaken in accordance to the Foxbridge Healthcare Policies and Procedures.
2. Personal Care (only where specified on the care plan and subject to appropriate review):
· Assist Service Users in/out of bed, chairs, etc., using agreed procedures. Assist Service Users in turning to relieve pressure areas.
· Assist Service Users in (un)dressing, care of aids and personal equipment (hearing aids, glasses, dentures, prosthesis, etc).
· Assist Service Users in all aspects of personal hygiene, i.e. washing, shaving, showering etc.
· Assist Service Users in feeding.
· Assist Service Users to access toilet facilities, emptying commodes and disposal of incontinence materials, using agreed health and safety procedures.
· Encourage Service Users to maximise their own abilities and skills
. Assisting service users with other activities of dialy living
. Supporting service user to manage their physical health issues.
· Where directed, maintain cleanliness of Service Users home, to meet with health and safety requirements.
· Light fires or operate other sources of warmth.
· Where appropriate home facilities are available, launder and iron clothes and/or bed linen.
· Undertake essential shopping, payment of bills.
· Where directed prepare or reheat meals provided and/or demonstrate to service user.
· Actively encourage Service Users, according to their capabilities, to participate in all aspects of daily living activities.
· Develop and maintain personal contact with the Service User through talking and listening.
· Provide support as part of a caring team, liaising with informal carers, other agencies or professionals as necessary.
5. Collaboration with Other Agencies:
· Assist the management to maintain good relationships with other personnel involved in the care of the Service User, i.e. Community Nurses, Social Workers, G.P’s, Service user's family and relatives, CCGs, etc., as part of a caring team.
6. General Duties:
· As required maintain accurate, legible, record and submit them on a regular basis to the manager.
· Participate in Foxbridge’s Electronic Call Monitoring system as appropriate.
· Maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Advise Service Users of the complaints procedures (where appropriate)
· Participate in all training courses, including NVQ2 in Health and Social Care.
· Comply with legal requirements (Domiciliary Care Agency (Wales) Regulations 2004) and National Minimum Standards; Health and Safety at Work Act, etc)
· Participate in meeting as appropriate and attend regular supervision sessions.
· Any other duties reasonably falling within the scope of the post.
· Be committed and promote Foxbridge’s Equal Opportunity and Anti Discriminatory Policies and Procedures in relation to both service provision and employment issues.
7. Decision Making Authority:
· To be responsible for any day to day decisions within the confines of the duties allocated and Job Description