- Mechanical Fitter – Immediate Start
- Machinery Builder Based In Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester
- £25,000 - £32,000 + Overtime
- Secure, Expanding Working Environment
Are you a detail-driven Mechanical Fitter with experience of building machinery or complex mechanical systems in a medium to large scale engineering environment?
If so, then this is a great opportunity for you to make a significant impression and join an established and skilled team of engineers and technicians. This is an outstanding opportunity working for a market-leading design and manufacturer of large scale environmental systems and machinery. The business is currently trebling the size of the Manchester site and this role represents a key focus for the business.
With ambitious growth plans, this global supplier of bespoke capital machinery represents a secure and expanding working environment where you can progress your skills and responsibilities. This role is broad and challenging and offers the chance for this person to be part of a small team responsible for the fitting and assembling of complex mechanical systems and capital equipment. It is key that this person has previous experience of, and the ability to work to technical/engineering drawings & parts lists. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work to technical/engineering drawings & parts lists to assemble projects.
- Work closely with colleagues during build/install to ensure a smooth and efficient build process.
- Component assembly and connections as directed by process and procedures.
- Ensure completion of all quality documentation on time.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area during and upon completion of tasks.
- Knowledgeable of all job responsibilities performed by helpers and ability to perform each.
- Completion of any given task within the allotted time.
- To correctly assemble a wide variety of mechanical, hydraulic and high-pressure gaseous equipment to specified requirements.
- Ability to conduct production tests to establishes procedures, and complete accurate test reports
- Conduct strip-down of mechanical/hydraulic assemblies, identifying and recording defects and compiling accurate strip-down reports for planning and costing processes.
- Location and diagnosing faults in equipment either returned for repair or failing to meet specified requirements.
- Good appreciation of batch identification and traceability requirements and maintaining batch controls throughout assembly processes
- Conduct safe and responsible manual handling of large loads using lifting equipment.
- This person must be time served mechanically or have a recognised mechanical engineering qualification.
- Must have previous experience within assembling machinery or mechanical fitting of engineered products
- Must be able to work in small/confined spaces
- Accuracy in using hand tools
- Excellent attention to detail
- You will need your own safety footwear (if any other PPE is required for particular jobs, they will provide it)
You will receive excellent skills, product and process training and a career path which will match the growth of your responsibilities and ambition. If you are a true team player and this sounds like the exciting and diverse role you are looking for then apply now for a pending interview.We operate a £250 refer a friend scheme so if you aren't interested then recommend a friend and earn yourself £250! Please enquire for further details.Nb. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90728425