Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to play a pivotal role in driving our future direction and delivering our ambitions? We are looking for an experienced Catering Assistant working on a part time, permanent basis (24 hours per week). In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £16,396 (pro rata).
The Catering Assistant role:
You will provide a high-quality catering service at Halton Housing’s extra care scheme bistros. You will also provide a customer focused catering service that meets the needs of the extra care residents and bistro customers.
What will you be doing as ourCatering Assistant?
- Undertake cooking activities to cover the full range of food and beverage preparation and service to the customers.
- Undertake menu planning and food preparation, portion control and the provision of special dietary requirements where appropriate.
- Maintain high levels of hygiene and be responsible for all Health & Safety/Food Safety in the kitchen and hospitality areas.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and be proactive in providing a high standard of service and customer care.
- Undertake administrative work to include stock control, recording opening and closing checks, daily banking sheets, productivity and reconciliation of daily income and any other work that may be required.
What are we looking for in our Catering Assistant?
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate - NVQ Level 1
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate - NVQ Level 2
- A detailed knowledge of food preparation and service
- Relevant experience of working in a catering outlet
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Be proactive in providing a high standard of service and customer care
- Experience of handling cash and processing card payments.
It’s exciting times at Halton… come and be a part of it!
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click ‘Apply’ now to find out more about the Catering Assistant position.
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th September at 5:00pm