Tradewind Social Care are currently recruiting Support Workers across Canterbury.
The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate a team response and provide personal care and support to adults/and or children with a range of complex and challenging needs to enable them to have choice and control of their lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve and maintain independence of individuals
- Enhance quality of life
- Promote health and wellbeing
- Role modelling best practice in person-centred care and support
- Organising services to meet client needs via direct provision and/or advice and support
- Undertaking regular reviews and individual risk assessments of client's personal service plan
- Working alongside other professionals and liaising with other agencies such as health, community and emergency services to actively support clients and promote the service
- Supporting clients in line with their agreed plans and assessments with personal care, domestic tasks, medication and health related activities
- Supporting clients to meet their identified social and emotional needs
- Assisting with tasks which support a client to maintain their independence
- Alerting and escalating to others changes in client needs including families and carers
- Responding and co-ordinating in emergency situations through liaison with others, as appropriate
- Championing dignity and respect for all clients
- Accurately and effectively completing records in timely fashion which support all clients in line with departmental procedures
- Ensuring the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Maintaining and promoting confidentiality of the client.
- Experience of caring for other people
- Understanding of and empathy with the needs of vulnerable people
- Ability to communicate with and relate to a wide range of clients and other
- Understanding of the principles of treating others with dignity and respect
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and national guidance for regulation and good practice
- Understanding of the importance of person centred care
- Knowledge of use of specialist equipment to support client and activity
- Knowledge of professional support groups, external agencies and other organisations
Established in 2011, Tradewind Recruitment - Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Tradewind Social Care is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
If you are interested in this position or any other work within social care then please call Ruth or Alex on 0203 743 6103/07873 233112 or email