Cambrian Pet Foods Ltd is a wholly independent family run pet food manufacturer founded in 1982 with factories situated in West Wales. The company manufacturing platform includes three state-of-the-art facilities based in Carmarthenshire (Pencader, Llangadog & Llandovery). Pencader produces dried pet food, Llangadog produces wet food & Llandovery is utilised for collation and despatch only. Owing to an increase in growth, we are excited to present the following opportunity.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervision within the Warehouse department to ensure efficient and safe daily operation and management of the Can Production Line more specifically.
We are looking for a hardworking individual who is willing to learn and is pragmatic and hands-on in their approach to working tasks.
Key duties include:
- Management of packaging materials, maintenance of live packaging stocks
- Effective scheduling of breaks and holidays
- Maintenance of process control documentation.
- Assist with development of a conventional rotating shift pattern, as the business builds for the future.
- Working closely with the management group / HR, to help recruit the numbers and core skills required to ensure adequate resource is available to drive efficiency
- Administer training where required for mobility / flexibility of skills base.
- Working with the wider management group you will help improve manufacturing efficiency through OEE, SMED, and Kaizen process.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise work effectively to meet deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, commitment and the ability to accept responsibility are key in this role.
- Will be committed to working within the Company Values
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages in particular Excel
- Sage experience would be an advantage
- Committed to working within the Company
- Flexibility is required in this role.
Opportunity to earn up to £28,080 per year.
Onsite Training offered with the opportunity to develop LEAN Practices.
Reference ID: Assistant Warehouse Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £10.00-£12.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
- 10 hour shift
All necessary PPE is issued onsite.
- Warehouse: 3 years (Preferred)
- A-Level or equivalent (Preferred)
- Uk driving license (Required)